Hello beautiful creatures! I’m back with my best gothic makeup brands to try in 2021 video. Every brand on my list is cruelty-free, most offer vegan options, and most are indie beauty brands. These are my favorite makeup brands. I’ve included top reviews and tutorials featuring these goth makeup brands in this post.
Gothic Makeup Brands Video
Best Gothic Makeup Brands
1. Necromancy Cosmetica
Necromancy Cosmetica is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from Puerto Rico. They make amazing bullet lipsticks and just recently released their A Gothic Romance palette. Mine just arrived so I will be reviewing it soon. It is beautiful! Their gothic packaging is awesome. I seriously cannot wait to get my review up on their new palette, which is sure to become a best gothic makeup staple in my collection.
- What We Do in the Shadows Nadja Inspired Makeup Look
- Bewitching Blue & Green Lipsticks Swatches
- Find them at NecromancyCosmetica.com
2. Baby Bat Beauty
Baby Bat Beauty is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They created the Nox palette, which is an awesome red vampire themed palette. BBB also have a giant magnetic palette with a creepy cute double headed bat for you to put all your indie singles into. Speaking of singles, Baby Bat Beauty makes beautiful duochromes and multichrome eyeshadows. They also make lip colors, as well as other face and body products.
3. Glam Goth Beauty
Glam Goth Beauty is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from California. They make beautiful glitters, a great sticky base primer called Diamond Primer, liquid lipsticks and more. My favorite product by them is Diamond Primer. I just ordered their Seven Deadly Sins palette and will be reviewing it. They have great black packaging.
4. Lethal Cosmetics
Lethal Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from Berlin, Germany. They make stunning eyeshadows, blushes, highlighters, bronzers, gel liners, lipsticks, glosses, and liquid eyeshadows. Lethal basically do it all, making them one of my top picks for the best gothic makeup! My favorite products by them are their single eyeshadows. I love their sleek black packaging. Lethal is a brand to keep an eye on, as they keep releasing lots of great new products.
- Lethal Cosmetics Indie Makeup Haul & Swatches
- Purple Makeup Look
- Best Purples Makeup Tutorial
- Find them at LethalCosmetics.com
5. Lunatick Cosmetic Labs
Lunatick Cosmetic Labs is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from Wisconsin. They have a ton of gothic themed palettes from eyeshadow palettes to contour palettes for light and deep skin tones. Lunatick Labs also make lipsticks and lip slicks. You will love their gothic makeup packaging, which is always fabulous and the biggest reason I consider them one of the best gothic makeup brands.
- Best Cool Toned Eyeshadow Palettes featuring Lunatick Cosmetic Labs
- Contour Palette Review
- Apocalipsticks Review
- Find them at LunatickLabs.com
6. Black Moon Cosmetics
Black Moon Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from California. They make amazing liquid lipsticks, highlighters, lipsticks, liquid eyeshadows, and eyeshadow palettes. While I love my eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks from them dearly, their highlighters are my all-time favorites! Catshark is an amazing iridescent purple moonlighter. Sleepwalker is the best black liquid lipstick. I love so many of their liquid lipsticks including Sorrow, Murmaider, Sanguis, DeVille, and Haunting. And the Full Moon palette is an excellent staple neutral palette. Black Moon has great gothic packaging. I love everything about Black Moon Cosmetics! They’re one of the best gothic makeup brands ever.
- Moonlighters Review (highlighters)
- Orb of Light Palette
- Urban Myth Palette
- Black Metal Vol. 1 Palette
- Urban Myth Tutorial
- The Craft Legacy Duo
- Pretty Purple Lipsticks featuring Black Moon
- Cosmic Eye Dusts
- Liquid Lipsticks Swatches
- Find them at BlackMoonCosmetics.com
7. My Pretty Zombie
My Pretty Zombie is 100% cruelty-free, mostly vegan indie beauty brand from California. They make awesome duochrome eyeshadows and blushes, as well as some lip and nail products. Their packaging is nice, clear jars. MPZ product names are often gothic inspired. You will receive either a toy severed limb or a cat with your orders, last I checked.
- Duochrome Eyeshadows
- Duochrome Blushes
- Neutral Duochrome Tutorial
- How to Apply Loose Eyeshadow
- DIY Jeffree Star Blood Sugar Palette Dupe featuring My Pretty Zombie
- Pink Look Featuring MPZ Cocaine blush
- Monster High Frankie Stein Tutorial featuring MPZ
- Find them at MyPrettyZombie.com
8. Rituel de Fille
Rituel de Fille is a 100% cruelty-free indie beauty brand from California. They specialize in cream products and they make beautiful blushes, highlighters, eye soots and lipsticks. On my oily hooded eyelids I really struggle to make any of their gelee formulas work. Hooded eyes + glossy lids are just a mess on me. However, their inner glow pigments for the cheeks are amazing. My favorite product by them is Nymph, a blood red cheek color. Their packaging is on point, black, sleek and has a witchy feel with the stars. RdF’s focus is unique since they only make cream products and they make them well, making them one of the best gothic makeup brands to try in 2021. It’s easier to find them now that they’re at Ulta, and you can even use your Ulta points to purchase products!
- The Best of Rituel de Fille
- Nix swatched with fair concealers and foundations
- Top 10 Best Contouring Products for Fair Skin
- Duochrome Makeup look
- Find them at RituelDeFille.com, Credo Beauty, and Ulta
9. Concrete Minerals
Concrete Minerals is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from California. They make eyeshadows and lipsticks. CM recently released their own versions of multichromes as well. They currently offer clear packaging with a witchy feel.
- Pro Matte Eyeshadows Review
- Spring 2015 Collection
- Eyeshadow Swatches
- Sugar Skull Collection
- Battle of the Taupes
- Indie Spotlight Feature
- Find them at ConcreteMinerals.com
Fyrinnae is a 100% cruelty-free, 100% vegan indie beauty brand from the Pacific Northwest. I love Fyrinnae dearly! They make amazing eyeshadows in both loose and pressed formats, eco friendly glitter, lip colors and other makeup products, as well as perfume. Fyrinnae’s packaging is very simple, but the colors are otherworldly. Northwest Night and Alpenglow are two of my favorite eyeshadows by them. They also make perfumes. Fyrinnae constantly raises the bar on making great products, like having eco friendly glitter. This is one of the things that makes them one of the best gothic makeup brands to me.
- Fyrinnae Alpenglow Tutorial
- Alpenglow Idolize Look
- Best Ways to Apply Loose Eyeshadow
- Pressed Shadows
- Indie Spotlight Featuring Fyrinnae
- Find them at Fyrinnae.com
11. Melt Cosmetics
Melt Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free indie beauty brand with vegan offerings. They make so many great products – lip pencils, lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, blushes, cream blushes, eyeliners, gel eyeliners, eyeshadow palettes, eyeshadow stacks, highlighters etc. Their packaging is usually awesome. I love their unique thin palettes. I’m hard pressed to pick a favorite, so I’ll say that their Radioactive, Smoke Sessions, and Muerte palettes are among my favorites. Radioactive is great for my bright and neon looks. From the Smoke Sessions palette I’m literally obsessed with Space Queen, this beautiful cool-toned green matte. Muerte has so many beautiful cool tones in it, too. Melt is one of the biggest and best gothic makeup brands you can easily pop into a Sephora to pick up.
- MaryJane Palette
- She’s in Parties Palette
- Raw Honey Blush Duo Tutorial
- Radioactive Look
- Muerte Palette
- Smoke Sessions Tutorial
- Radioactive Collection
- Blueprint Stack
- Impulsive Palette
- Liquid Lipsticks
- Melt Cosmetics Makeup Swatches
- She’s in Parties Stack
- Everyday Makeup Tutorial
- Radioactive Stack
- Dark Matter & Love Sick Stacks
- Find them at MeltCosmetics.com and Sephora
12. Devinah Cosmetics
Devinah Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free indie brand with some vegan offerings. They make tons of beautiful multichrome and duochrome eyeshadows, highlighters and bronzers. My favorite eyeshadows from them are a set of duochromes that were limited edition, but I recommend any of their multichromes. So good! Their packaging is usually black and sleek.
13. Terra Moon Cosmetics
Terra Moon Cosmetics is a 100% cruelty-free and mostly vegan indie beauty brand. They make stunning multichromes, duochromes, and other eyeshadows. I love every single one of the multichromes I’ve purchased from them. Their pre-orders ship out faster than Clionadh, too. I love Antares, Moon Tide, UFO, Daybreak, Counting Stars, Cinnamon Sugar and Zero Gravity.
- Multichrome Eyeshadow Magic
- Bold Pink Makeup Look featuring Antares
- Find them at TerraMoonCosmetics.com
Sugarpill is a 100% cruelty-free mostly vegan indie beauty brand. They make beautiful eyeshadows and lipsticks. Specifically I want to call out their C3 Palette, with the black packaging and muted colors. They’ve been a staple in the alternative makeup scene for a long time, which makes them one of the best gothic makeup brands to me.
- Cool Toned Pressed Eyeshadow Swatches
- C2 Palette Review
- Red C2 Tutorial
- C2 Neutral Tutorial
- Pink C1 Capsule Palette Review
- DIY Cool Berries Palette featuring Sugarpill
- Goth Capsule Makeup Collection
- Monster High Draculaura Tutorial
- Living Dead Girl Lipsticks
- Monster High Clawdeen Wolf Tutorial
- Feline Fancy Review
- Sugarpill Eyeshadow Rainbow
- Edward Scissorhands Palette
- Heavenly Creatures Nail Polish Collection
- Indie Spotlight Interview with Shrinkle
- Find them at Sugarpill.com
15. Manic Panic
Manic Panic is a 100% cruelty-free 100% vegan indie beauty brand. They’re the OG best gothic makeup brand and they’ve been around about as long as I’ve been alive. MP make foundations, lipsticks, nail polish, glow in the dark glitter, eyeshadow, liner, and hair dye. My favorite product by them is their hair dye.
- Best Gothic Hair Dye Brands
- The Beginner’s Guide to Brightly Colored Hair
- How to Get Glow in the Dark Hair
- Lethal Glam Alien Stiletto Look
- Find them at ManicPanic.com, Amazon, and in store at Sally Beauty.
16. Lime Crime
Lime Crime is 100% cruelty-free and 100% vegan. They are not indie. In case you didn’t know, Doe Deere is no longer associated with Lime Crime and stepped off the board of the company. I’m including Lime Crime in this list because of their Venus Immortalis gothic eyeshadow palette, which I adore. In general, I really love their eyeshadow formula and find it works well on my hooded eyes. They also make lipsticks, blushes, glosses and more. Lime Crime makes hair dye but I would avoid that based on a vast multitude of non-favorable reviews. My favorite product by them is their Plushies liquid lipstick formula. I really wish they would release a Plushies Glow collection.
- The Gothic Palette: Venus Immortalis
- Aura Palette
- Prelude Chroma Palette Review
- Venus Vivid Palette Review
- Prelude Exposed Palette Review
- Venus XL 2 Palette Review
- Diamond Dew Glitter Eyeshadows
- Venus XL Palette
- Softwear Blushes
- Plushies Soft Focus Liquid Lipsticks Review
- Venus III Palette Review
- Find them at LimeCrime.com, Ulta Beauty, and Amazon
17. KVD Vegan Beauty
KVD Vegan Beauty is 100% cruelty-free and 100% vegan. They are not indie. Now that Kat von Disease is out of the company, I’m comfortable buying from them again. I recently purchased their new Good Apple Foundation Balm, but unfortunately it didn’t work on my 42 year old dry skin. They make several different types of foundations, lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, blushes, eyeshadows and more. My current favorite product by them is their blushes, I have Honeysuckle and Rosebud.
- Good Apple Beauty Balm Review
- Fair Foundation Swatches
- Glimmer Veil Liquid Lipsticks
- Find them at KVDVeganBeauty.com, Ulta Beauty, and Sephora
As I state in my video, goth is a music subculture. If you love gothic music, you can be goth. Goth is not white, nor is it tied to a specific fashion brand, such as Killstar. You don’t have to listen to ONLY goth music to be goth, nor do you have to dress goth to be goth. I’ve always felt like being goth gives me freedom of expression and lets me embrace my own unique beauty. It has helped me to become comfortable in my own skin. It’s helped me to stand up for what I believe in. Goth and punk music have helped to shape my political views.
Other Gothic Features You May Love
- Morticia Addams Tutorial
- Elvira Mistress of the Dark OOTD & Look
- Open the Cellar Door Gothic Jewelry
- Medusa Tutorial
- Summer 2019 Gothic Lookbook
- How I Became Goth
- Modern Romantic Gothic Bedroom
- Top 5 Goth Myths Busted
- How to Shop Goth at Department Stores
- Everyday Gothic Makeup Tutorial
- Gothic Bat Phone Case & Poison Apple Pop Socket