Hello, beautiful creatures! Today I’m sharing my sexy witch costume with you. Thanks so much to Hot Topic for sending me the romper and hat. As I’m still recovering from major surgery, I wanted to make sure I had a comfortable, affordable, sexy witch costume to wear this year and the Cosmic Aura Black Spiderweb Bell Sleeve Velvet Romper from Hot Topic is perfect for this!
Today only (August 30, 2023) save 30% at Hot Topic with the code HT30!
A Personal Note
I’m recovering from a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction surgery to prevent breast cancer. My doctors and therapist felt it was better to do this now, while I am healthy and able to recover quickly, than to wait until it had turned into cancer. I agree. The best piece of advice I can give you about recovering from surgery is to do all the exercises the doctors give you, walk as much as you can, drink plenty of fluids, and eat a low inflammation or anti-inflammatory diet.
Sexy Witch Costume
- *Hot Topic Cosmic Aura Black Spiderweb Bell Sleeve Velvet Romper (Plus Size here)
- *Hot Topic Black Velvet Witch Hat
- Elegant Red Wand
- Kreepsville 666 Bat Belt
- Black Velvet Witch Choker (this was a gift from my friend Carlye)(link to similar styles)
- Snake Twist Hoops (these were a gift from my friends Cary & Charlee)(link to similar style)
- Jeffrey Campbell Black Ruffle Twisted Heels (thrifted)(link to cute ruffle witch boots)
*denotes PR sample from Hot Topic.
The biggest thing that I love about the Cosmic Aura Black Spiderweb Bell-Sleeve Velvet Romper is that it’s made from 95% cotton, 5% spandex, and breathable! It’s incredibly comfortable to wear. The bell-sleeves are web shaped and the zipper pull detail is a spiderweb. It does come with an attached witchy coven style hood. I’m wearing a size Small for reference.
There are so many wand options out there, especially more elaborate ones on Etsy. I used one I already had in my costume stash. Same with my belt and necklace.
What are you planning to be for Halloween? It’s never too soon to plan costumes for Halloween parties!
One Last Thing
Do you prefer blogs to YouTube? I love both! Google is doing its best to kill off little blogs like mine. If you want bloggers to survive to inspire, swatch, and help you save money, please comment and share our content! Best of all, that’s free for you to do!
Halloween Costume Ideas and Inspiration
Many of these also include a makeup tutorial!
- Goddess Persephone Costume
- Morticia Addams Costume
- Elvira Mistress of the Dark
- Mermaid Skeleton Costume
- DIY Cheshire Cat Costume
- RWBY Blake Costume
- Medusa Costume
- 6 DIY Halloween Costume Ideas
- Dark Siren Costume
- Dark Carnival Mermaid Costume
- Monster High Catrine DeMew
- Ever After High Raven Queen
- Monster High Draculaura