bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette
Today I’m sharing my thoughts on the bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette. I bought this palette quite some time ago, probably from Ulta. I originally thought this would be rose or mauve toned neutrals, but I think it’s actually supposed to be a rose gold toned palette.
$29 for .18 oz total / .03 oz each x6
bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette Swatches
Row 1 – Stargazer, Free Spirit, Pixi
Row 2 – Soul, Boho, Haze
Eyeshadow Shade Descriptions
- Haze (pale ivory) It looks like a light warm ivory matte.
- Pixie (pale mauve) It looks like an ultra pale nude mauve matte.
- Boho (metallic rose) It looks like a pretty metallic rose gold shimmer.
- Free Spirit (warm taupe) It looks like a metallic warm brown taupe shimmer.
- Soul (smoky grey) It looks like a slightly deeper than midtone grey taupe matte.
- Stargazer (soft charcoal) It looks like a deep charcoal brown matte to me.
What I don’t like about the bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette is how warm toned it is. With a name like Gen Nude Rose, I honestly thought we’d see pink or mauve toned neutrals. Instead we’re treated to warm hues, again. Additionally, I noticed that these colors faded on me as the day went on. Usually my eyeshadow lasts all day thanks to primer. This actually wore off, even though I used primer.
What I love about the bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette is that the colors are very buildable. I like this sort of formula that has less pigmentation, more blendability, even if it means you have to build up the color more than a single swipe. I prefer for it to be easier to blend out.
The value is ok for the price. You’re getting 6 eyeshadows that are .03 oz each, so slightly more than half-sized. It’s not as good as one of the petite Urban Decay palettes.
Unless these are your colors, I don’t recommend the bareMinerals Gen Nude Rose Palette. Between the amount of product you’re getting for the price, the fact that the colors all lean very warm, and the fact that the formula fades on me by the end of the day, it’s just not worth it. There are so many other better palettes, especially for the price point. If you’re addicted to rose golds I recommend you look at the Urban Decay Aphrodisiac palette instead. It’s a much better palette. Get inspired with my 15+ UD Aphrodisiac palette looks and tutorials!
Halloween Makeup Tutorials
- Monster High Frankie Stein Tutorial
- Monster High Draculaura Tutorial
- Monster High Cleo de Nile Tutorial
- Monster High Clawdeen Wolf Tutorial
- Monster High Catrine De Mew Tutorial
- Monster High Lagoona Blue Tutorial
- Ever After High Raven Queen Tutorial
- Wicked Witch Tutorial
- Sideshow Mermaid Tutorial
- Queen of the Nile Cleopatra Tutorial
- Gothic Snow White Tutorial
- Vampirella Tutorial