Unicorn Hair: Am I Too Old?
Recently a magazine, no I’m not naming which one, published an article that said women above 30 shouldn’t have unicorn hair or do a lot of other things. I took offense to this. Do you know want to know what I think about anyone saying you’re too old for unicorn hair? You can shove that opinion where the sun doesn’t shine!
I’ve seen 60-year-old women at the grocery store recently with purple hair. There’s a famous septuagenarian in New York who has green hair. And of course, here I am, almost 39, with pink hair. If it makes you happy and it works in your life, you should embrace unicorn hair.
I totally understand how some people can’t have rainbow hair because of their jobs. With the exception of one job, I’ve always been able to have creative hair and makeup. It’s something I truly appreciate and value.
Mermaid hair is not something that the under 30’s crowd owns. Anyone who wants to wear it should do that. And don’t let some magazine with antiquated views on beauty and fashion dictate your lives. If you want to have unicorn hair, wear mini skirts, leggings, or crop tops, you should do it!
My own personal style is pretty eclectic and I prefer it that way. I don’t let fashion magazines dictate what I wear. I didn’t stop dyeing my hair unicorn colors at 30. I’m not about to let them stop me now. I feel confident with my hair the way it is and I love it. I always get compliments on it when I’m out in public, as well as online. I definitely think that people are more accepting in this day and age than they were 10 or 15 years ago.
If you’re looking for unicorn hair inspiration, follow my Hair Inspiration board on Pinterest.
Check Out Hair Inspiration by Christian
- Mint Green, Blonde, Purple, Red
- Lime Green, Teal, Red, Auburn, Pink, Blonde
- Rainbow, Cotton Candy, Lime Green, Blonde, Fire
- Silver, Purple, Green, Blonde, Wild Orchid, Pixelated
- Teal, Hot Pink, Dark Blue, Blonde, Coral Pink, Pastel Rainbow
- Galaxy, Dark Red, Vivid Purple, Orange
- Dark Green, Orange, Blonde, Neon Green, Purple
- Pink + Orange, Purple, Royal Blue, Red
- Red, Green, Wild Orchid, Purple, Violet
- Green, Lavender, Fiery Orange
- Blue, Violet Magenta Red, Mermaid Red, Purple, Blonde
What color is your hair? What color do you want your hair to be?
More from my site
Last Updated on