Sephora VIB Summer 2019 Sale
Get ready for it! The Sephora VIB Summer 2019 Sale starts tomorrow! I’ve got all the details you need to know about it below, along with what I’ll be buying and my recommendations. Plus, I give you a LOT of Milk Makeup Love in this post.
What You Need to Know
- VIB Rouge | Monday Aug. 19-27, 20% off
- VIB | Tuesday Aug. 20 – 27, 15% off
- CODE: SUMMERSAVE
- Cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any Promo Codes.
- Not valid on The Ordinary
- Limit of 1 Dyson item “per transaction”
- Limit of 3 Drunk Elephant items “per transaction”
Staples to Stock Up On
I will be stocking up on my staple products that I go through frequently. I always recommend that you do the same. So if you need lots of mascara, hit that. I almost always stock up on my skincare and makeup brush cleaner.
Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
The Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 has become my favorite SPF product. I love the blur effect on my skin if I’m eschewing foundation for the day. I do have other bottles of SPF I’m working through that are great that I will finish up, but this is my go-to for daily wear. I’ll be buying two bottles during the sale.
Kopari Coconut Face Cream
The Kopari Coconut Face Cream works like magic with my skin. I’ve been using this for over 2 years now and it’s my preferred daycream. I put this on before I put on SPF to make sure my face is properly hydrated. It claims it’s a smart moisturizer that works for both dry and oily skin. I kept trying other daytime moisturizers throughout this past year, but I always go back to this one. I’m snagging two of these as well. See my review.
Velour No Trim Lashes
Now that I’m doing lash lifts instead of lash extensions, I can occasionally wear false lashes. My favorite falsies are the Velour No Trim lashes. Would I Lie? is my favorite type, though I am going to possibly try the For Real Though? type too. See the lashes in this tutorial.
Luxe Lust List
CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Night Crimson
So many of my friends have told me I’m missing out by not trying CHARLOTTE TILBURY K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipsticks, so I looked at them and saw the shade Night Crimson (a plum red) which called to me. I’ve been patiently waiting for a sale to give it a try.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Hot Lips Lipstick in Secret Salma
Another CT color that caught my eye is CHARLOTTE TILBURY Hot Lips Lipstick in Secret Salma (a deep rose plum). I think this will look great on me.
CHARLOTTE TILBURY Cheek To Chic Blush in Sex on Fire
I’ve also been curious about the CHARLOTTE TILBURY Cheek To Chic Blush in Sex on Fire (tawny rose). I’m guessing this is a flattering shade for my fair skin.
DYSON Supersonic Hair Dryer
I highly recommend the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. This is the fastest, quietest hair dryer I’ve ever owned. Dave stole this one and it lives in his bathroom.
DYSON Airwrap Styler
I love my Dyson Airwrap Styler. Ray uses it daily and I use it every time I wash my hair. On my natural hair without extensions, I can dry and style my hair (using the flat brush attachment) in about 12 minutes. On my hair with extensions in (which makes my hair waist length) it takes me about 25 minutes to dry and style. I talk about my favorite cruelty-free hair products & brands in this video.
Milk Makeup Love
I am seriously hooked on Milk Makeup! I’m in love with just about every product that I’ve tried from them.
I just filmed my recent gothic lookbook in Clearwater Florida and I wore Milk Makeup’s HydroGrip Primer with the Blur Liquid Foundation and set it with my Cozzette Essential Powder. I did NOT use a setting spray. I filmed outside in the heat and humidity for 4 hours. My makeup did not budge despite the amount of sweating I did and the fact that we were at nearly 100% humidity at points because it did sprinkle on us. I did touch up my nose with the powder twice. Also, my Tarte Double Duty Beauty Busy Gal Blush in Mood (peachy pink with gold shimmer) stayed all day. And my lipstick stayed in place flawlessly; it was Sugarpill Sub-Zero.
- KUSH Growhouse Lash + Brow Serum – I’m currently testing this out and enjoying it. I lay down in bed and then the last thing I do at night is brush this across my upper lash line and brows.
- KUSH High Volume Mascara– I was shocked AF that this mascara did NOT give me raccoon eyes in the heat and humidity. It didn’t flake, smudge or budge on me. I was so impressed.
- Hydro Grip Primer – This stuff works amazingly well. It held up to a full day at Epcot in the heat and humidity of Orlando when I was there a month or so ago, as well as the weather in Clearwater this past week.
- Blur Liquid Matte Foundation – This is my new holy grail foundation. The color match is perfect. The wear is amazing. I feel like an actual porcelain doll in my shade match Porcelain. See the best foundation for summer.
- Flex Concealer – The Milk Flex Concealer is my new holy grail concealer. It replaced my KVD Lock-It concealer, which had replaced my NARS Chantilly. It has my perfect concealer consistency. It works beautifully beneath or on top of foundation. See the best concealer for fair skin.
- Long Wear Gel Eyeliner – I bought Boss (black) and PTO (holographic). I wish PTO had more of a white base to it so that it showed up better. However, I am really loving the creamy formula of Boss. I’ve been using it to tightline my upper waterline and to smudge liner at the upper lash line.
- KUSH Lash Primer – I’ve really been enjoying using this lash primer with the matching mascara.
- Flex Foundation Stick – I’ve only had a chance to wear this once but I love it so far! Again, the shade Porcelain is a perfect match for me. If you’re more pink toned than I am, it looks like the shade Snow will match you.
- KUSH Fiber Brow Gel – I own both Cypher (cool dark) and Diesel (warm dark) because Sephora’s site had their descriptions reversed. I’m using them both up but once they’re gone I’ll be sticking with Cypher. I love the formula on this for how I like to style my brows. It gives me more color and volume than other brow products I’ve tried like this, such as Glossier Boy Brow.
- Blur Stick – The Blur Stick is a product I like on no foundation days because I just use it to fill in my pores and I go.
- Holographic Stick – I use Supernova (holographic purple) as my daily wear highlighter and during my recent videoshoot. I love Stardust (holographic pink) as a blush on my very fair skintone.
- Tattoo Stamp – I bought the Star and Heart stamps for cosplay and fun makeup looks.
- KUSH Lip Glaze – I love this as a lip treatment. See the best lip balm for dry lips.
- Lip Metal – I adore the two colors I own – Buffy (mauve) and Willow (purple). See my tutorial.
I do feel that I should mention that I tried ordering the Milk Makeup Holographic Highlighter in Supernova TWICE from Sephora’s website, and BOTH TIMES it arrived shattered. It seems that Sephora is starting to pack things more like Hautelook (not making sure that things like delicate powders are put into bubble wrap or are secured by tissue paper so they won’t rock around), which results in more breakage. I was really upset over it. I tried to exchange it in store both times and both the stores that Sephora’s website said had them in stock near me did not actually have them. I was so sad about that.
I’m really disappointed in the direction that Sephora is going with their packaging, making it less secure for delicate products. I hate doing returns, especially when it’s because it was broken in shipping. I don’t really understand how someone working for Sephora would not realize that delicate products like eyeshadow palettes, highlighters and blushes need to be packaged with enough bubble wrap and tissue paper to keep them from bouncing off the inside of the box during travel.
Other Product Recommendations
- Melt Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks – I love the Melt Liquid Lipsticks & highly recommend them if you’re looking to expand your lipstick collection. See my Melt Cosmetics Swatches.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks– My HG bullet lipstick formula. They have so many colors, you can’t go wrong. See swatches.
- Viseart Rosé EDIT Eyeshadow Palette – All Viseart palettes are beautiful. This is one of the newer ones and it is gorgeous. See swatches.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Alyssa Edwards Palette – This palette is beautiful and the most recent one I’ve purchased from ABH. I was upset to find out that some of the shades in it are not eye safe, but I have not yet had a reaction from them. I really feel brands and Sephora both need to make this information clear online for consumers.
- Melt Smoke Sessions Palette – I’ve had a crush on this palette since I got my hands on it. Space Queen is my favorite shade in it. See my tutorial.
- Lunar Beauty Life’s a Drag Color Palette – If you’re into cosplay, or brights, I highly recommend this palette. See swatches.
- Viseart Liaison Eyeshadow Palette – I bought it for all the purples and cool browns. It’s beautiful.
- Natasha Denona Mini Lila Palette – I paid full price for this and loved it, at $12.50 it’s a steal. See swatches and a tutorial.
I hope you find my Sephora VIB Summer 2019 Sale recommendations helpful! What will you be picking up? Let me know in the comments below or join the PhyrraNyx Facebook Group and chat with us!