The Best Foundation for Summer
Hey friends! It’s great to see you. Today I wanted to talk to you about the best foundation for summer: Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation. This foundation is now my go-to foundation for daily wear. Milk Makeup claims this is an ultra-weightless full-coverage foundation with an oil-free, silicone-free formula that lets your skin breathe. And did I mention that Milk Makeup is Leaping Bunny Certified, so of course they’re 100% cruelty-free and 100% vegan? Now do I have your attention?
$40 for 1 oz
Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation Review Video
Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ceteraryl 2-Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Fragrance. May Contain: titanium dioxide/CI 77891, iron oxides/CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491.
What Milk Makeup Says About the Blur Liquid Matte Foundation
Designed to make applying and wearing foundation easy, Blur Liquid Matte Foundation offers flawless full coverage at first swipe, leaving a smooth matte finish that looks and feels as light as air. Like Milk’s Blur Stick and Blur Spray, Blur Liquid Matte Foundation instantly minimizes the appearance of pores and imperfections using blurring microspheres, tiny powder-filled spheres that diffuse the light to leave a flawless, soft focus effect.
To keep the lightweight, water-based formula safe, Blur Liquid features an innovative airless tip to minimize air exposure and eliminate dripping—allowing your foundation to stay fresh, the color stay true, and all of it to stay inside the package, not dripping all over your bag.
- For dry skin, prep with Sunshine Oil (sold separately)or your favorite moisturizer, then apply foundation on top
- For oily skin, prep with Blur Stick matte primer (sold separately) to absorb excess oil, then apply foundation, and follow with Blur Spray.
- Shake well to activate blurring microspheres, then apply one or two drops to fingertips or the Dab + Blend Applicator.
- Apply, focusing on the center of your face and blending outward. Layer as desired.
- Blurring Microspheres (Powder-Filled Spheres): Diffuse the light to create a blurring effect.
- Vitamin E: Hydrates and provides antioxidant protection.
- Bilberry Extract: Provides antioxidant protection to support natural elasticity and suppleness.
Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation Swatches
- Milk Blur Liquid Matte in Porcelain (neutral slightly yellow-peach)
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid in Blanc (neutral sightly pink)
- Clove + Hallow Liquid Skin Tint in 01 (neutral)
- CoverGirl Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid in Fair Ivory (peach)
- Too Faced Born This Way in Cloud (neutral slightly pink)
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating in .1 (neutral)
- Tarte Babassu Foundcealer in 8B Porcelain Beige (pink)
- Huda FauxFilter in Milkshake (slightly yellow-peach)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay in Porcelain Beige (peachy yellow)
- Tarte Face Tape in 8S Porcelain Sand (yellow)
- Tarte Creaseless Undereye Concealer in Porcelain Sand (yellow)
- Colour Pop No Filter Natural Matte in Fair 05 (slightly yellow)
- Milk Flex Concealer in Porcelain (neutral)
- Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct in 2 (dark peach)
- Smith & Cult Foundation in 100 Neutral (neutral)
- Pur 4-in-1 Foundation in LN1 (peach)
- Idun Minerals Nordic Veil in Jorunn (neutral)
- Uoma Beauty White Pearl Foundation in T1C (cool peach)
- Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 in Alabaster (pink)
- Danessa Myricks Vision Cover Cream in N01 (peachy)
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick in Opal (super pink on me)
I wanted to provide you with a point of reference for how Milk Makeup Porcelain compares to other pale foundation swatches, plus my interpretation of the undertone that I see.
Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation in Porcelain
Just in case it needs to be said, I don’t use filters on my photos. That’s my skin. Real unfiltered results from a real person.
In the morning before going to Epcot in Orlando, Fl around 9 am.
After dinner when we were leaving Orlando, Florida to go home after 8pm. Below are the products I used to keep my makeup on all day at Epcot in Walt Disney World.
- Milk Makeup Flex Concealer in Porcelain
- Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
- Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation in Porcelain
- Supergoop! SPF 50 Setting Spray
The second photo set was taken the night of my 41st birthday party. I love how well Milk Porcelain matches my skintone.
Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation Review
I have challenging skin when it comes to foundation. Between being very fair complected and having neutral to cool yellow olive undertones, it makes finding a perfect shade match challenging. I also have dry skin, some texture from acne scarring on a cheek, seborrheic dermatitis, and rosacea. My skin is less dry these days than it used to be and I think it’s because of the sheer amount of water I drink daily.
I gravitate towards light coverage dewy foundations because that looks best on me. However, I love the Milk Makeup brand and even though I am not in their target demographic being that I am 41, I wanted to give the Blur Liquid Matte Foundation a try because I loved their Flex Concealer. I have zero regrets about buying this foundation.
While the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation is still more coverage than I prefer on a daily basis, it’s very easy to sheer it out to where I like it with my Danessa Myricks Prism FX Hydrating Lotion. It also works wonderfully with the Prism FX as a primer, but don’t underestimate the Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer! Milk’s Hydro Grip primer is excellent for skin like mine.
I shared my wear test with the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation on my Instagram Stories, from my first check-in in the morning to the afternoon sweaty check-ins throughout Epcot, to after dinner and finally at home before I took my makeup off. My blush, contour and highlight were still in place, despite the high heat, humidity, and the amount of sweating I did. I was very impressed by how well this foundation wore for me.
I also love the color match with Porcelain too, as it’s not too pink, too yellow, or too peach. It’s just right for my undertones. I don’t feel like the foundation emphasizes fine lines or dryness.
I know many of you will be happy to see that the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation is oil-free and silicone-free, as it can be difficult to find foundations without either!
The Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation is my pick for the best foundation for summer! I was thoroughly impressed by how it wore while I was at Walt Disney World’s Epcot in Orlando. And I’m equally impressed with how it wears and looks throughout a normal day chilling at home.
What do you think of the Milk Makeup Blur Liquid Matte Foundation?
You May Also Enjoy
Last Updated on