Sephora Spring Sale 2018
It’s that time of year again, the Sephora Spring Sale 2018! If you’re VIB Rouge, like me, you get 15% off your entire purchase April 13 through April 16 and April 20 through April 23. VIB members get 15% off April 20 through 23. Insiders get 10% off April 20 through 23.
There are some limitations with the sale. You’re limited to one Dyson product and three Drunk Elephant products per purchase. The brand The Ordinary is excluded from the sale.
A lot of people recommend getting gift sets during the sale. Here’s what I recommend. All of my recommendations are cruelty-free.
1. Stock Up On Cruelty-free Makeup Staples
Use the sale to stock up on your favorite cruelty-free staple items you know you’re going to burn through. Here are some of mine:
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – I’m almost finished with the jumbo tube that I bought during another sale, so I’ll be buying another one. I mix this with my holy grail foundation, Idun Minerals Nordic Veil in Jorunn (see my nordic veil review).
- Milk Makeup Blur Stick – I love this to help fill in my pores under foundation.
- Milk Makeup Supernova – I love this as a cheek highlighter base for my other highlighters.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – It works better for me than any other mascara I’ve tried.
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blushes – My all-time favorite blush formula. Rapture, Score & Obsessed are great shades to start with. (See me wearing them all here)
- Bite Multisticks – These are my favorite cream blush formula. They’re great on the eyes or lips. I’ve bought Cava, Gelato, Blondie, Lotus, Mauvemember 2017, Cashew, Papaya and Blush Pearl. (see my review and swatches)
- Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks – This is my favorite lipstick formula ever. The comfort mattes are the best. (see me wearing some here)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – This is now my favorite eyeshadow primer for when I want a clear primer. For a tinted primer I love the Colorescience SPF 35. I also love to use the UD Sin primer for a cut crease.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – This spray is a life saver during the humid Florida summers.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme – My all-time favorite concealer. I use L1 Neutral. (see my concealer review)
- Kopari Coconut Face Cream – I love this for a daytime moisturizer.
- Kat Von D Brow Pomade – I’m hoping I’ll be able to buy a few shades of this to play with, such as Magenta, Aubergine and Roxy Purple.
You should also stock up on your favorite foundation if Sephora carries it! I wish they carried mine – Idun Minerals Nordic Veil. Huda Beauty FauxFilter Foundation in Milkshake is one of the few cruelty-free foundations that matches me at Sephora. My Sephora Color IQ is 1Y01. You can see everything that matches 1Y01 here. Other cruelty free foundation brands with matches for my skintone are Kat Von D, Hourglass, Cover FX, Kevyn Aucoin, Smashbox and Anastasia Beverly Hills. Unfortunately when I tried Fenty 100, it oxidized on me and wasn’t a match at all.
2. Indulge in a Cruelty-free Makeup Palette or Two
Here are some of the palettes I recommend:
- Urban Decay Kaleidoscope Palette – This is an absolute steal right now because it’s priced at $19.50 and should be lower with the sale! Buy this if you love bright colors. (see my demo + swatches)
- Urban Decay Naked Petite Heat Palette – If you love warm orange and red mattes, you’ll love this. (see my demo + swatches)
- Urban Decay Backtalk Palette – If you’re into warm berries, this is the palette for you. (see my demo + swatches)
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette – If you love peach, terracotta, orange and red shades, you’ll like this one. (see my swatches and recent look)
- Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette – If you need a staple neutrals palette, this is my pick. I use it all the time. (see my review)
- Kat Von D I Am Divine Palette – I’ve seen so many great looks with this palette it’s going on my wish list.
- Too Faced Life’s a Festival Palette – This is a great palette I recently bought. It has duochromes and mattes in it.
- Violet Voss Rainbow Palette – I bought this palette a while ago and finally got to play with it. It’s beautiful.
- Viseart Palettes – Viseart makes a lot of palettes. My favorite is the Bright Editorial, but a lot of people love the petite pros and Golden Hour. (see my Bright Editorial review)
3. Focus on Lips
If you want to make a big impact with minimal effort with your makeup, I suggest buying some lip products during the Sephora Spring Sale 2018. I use a pencil to line and fill in my lips, then top with a lipstick, and often put glitter on top with a Glimmer Veil. Here are my favorite cruelty-free lip products:
- Urban Decay Lip Pencils – These are my go-to lip pencils.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks – Perversion, Conspiracy, Cloud 9, Crank, Peyote, Backtalk, Oblivion, Frenemy, Doubt, Hex, 714, Bad Blood, Safe Word, are all excellent shades.
- Kat Von D Lip Pencils – When UD doesn’t have the color I need, I reach for a KVD pencil. They’re extremely creamy.
- Kat Von D Glimmer Veils Liquid Lipsticks – I love to layer these on top of my UD Lipsticks. (see my review)
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon – I have 3 of these and love them – Flaming-oh! (electric pink), Night Mauves (pinky mauve) and Send Nudes (90s brown). They’re comfortable and wear well.
- Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss – I love this gloss formula. I have Ch-Ch-Changes (a brown with teal shift), Whip It (bright iridescent magenta pink), and Love Buzz (rose gold shimmer). They’re gorgeous and not too sticky.
- Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss – I’ve been playing with these and like the formula. The color Candy Flip is amazing for layering.
- Anastasia Matte Lipsticks – I’m curious about this new formula!
4. Eyeshadow Singles
I would definitely stock up on some gorgeous eyeshadow singles during the Sephora Spring Sale 2018!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Singles – Some favorites are Laced, Tease, Bust, Desperation, Relish and 1985 for crease or transition shades. I love Tonic as a lid color.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Singles – The Titanium finish is my favorite, so colors like Pink Champagne or Macaroon or Rosette. (see my review with tons of swatches and cool berries swatches)
5. Drunk Elephant Skincare
I’ve had several people recommend Drunk Elephant to me, so after looking at them, these are the ones that I think look the most promising and I may pick up one of these during the Sephora Spring Sale 2018. If you’ve tried Drunk Elephant, let me know your favorite product in the comments below.
- Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial – Use it as an AHA/BHA at-home facial to help with dullness, uneven skin texture, fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
- Drunk Elephant Protini – It’s supposed to help with firmness, elasticity, dryness, dullness and uneven skin texture.
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma – It’s a super potent vitamin C serum to help with firmness, elasticity, dullness, uneven texture and skin tone.
6. Other Items
I always recommend buying big-ticket items during sales like the Sephora Spring Sale 2018, such as the Dyson blow dryer or other beauty tools. But there are some other cruelty-free makeup items to catch my attention.
- Fenty Amber Match Stix – A lot of people swear by Amber as a pale girl contour shade.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayons – I love Blacquer 42 and have my eye on In the Buff!
- Erborian CC Cream in Clair – I’ve been debating this though I’m afraid it will be too dark for my pale skin.
- Give Me Some New Lip Kit – I bought this one a few months ago and loved it.
- TATCHA The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment – Gotta admit I’ve got my eye on Moonlight. It’s supposed to address dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles. I’m still searching for that elusive perfect eye cream to help firm my eye area.
If you need more Sephora Spring Sale 2018 recommendations, you can always ask me in the PhyrraNyx Facebook Group or here.
What will you be getting during the sale? I’ll be sure to share what I end up hauling with you!