The Secret to Long Hair
Today I’m sharing the secret to long hair with you, along with my entire hair care routine! I’ve been using all of these products (except the Dyson) since July. Some of these items I’ve been using for years. Olaplex 3, for example will save your hair if you color it the way I do mine. The Dyson Airwrap Styler is definitely awesome, but I still have never tried the curling attachments! Paul Mitchell, Sexy Hair, Eva NYC, BROO and IGK are my favorite hair care brands. I swear by Overtone and have ever since they launched! For color I love Pravana, Arctic Fox, Pulp Riot and Manic Panic. Need more cruelty-free hair color? Check out Cruelty-Free Hair Dye Brands!
The Secret to Long Hair Video
Please share this blog post!
The Secret to Long Hair Products
- BROO Color Crazed Shampoo (vegan)
- BROO Color Crazed Conditioner (vegan)
- Eva NYC Hair Therapy Mask
- Overtone Go Deep Extreme Color Treatment (vegan)
- Olaplex #3 Treatment
- Dyson Airwrap Styler Complete
- Eva NYC Magic Mane 10-in-1 Spray
- Sexy Hair Luxe Blow Out Spray
- Eva NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo
- IGK Jet Lag Dry Shampoo
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Protect Thermal Spray
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Style Lift HeatCTRL Volume Foam
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Style Finish Hairspray
- Eva NYC Forget Me Knot Dry Conditioner
- Shower Cap
- Silk Pillowcase
I do want to point out that the Dyson Airwrap Styler is completely sold out everywhere as far as I can tell. However, the original Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is available. The Dyson dryer literally cut my long hair dry and style time in half. I would spend 45 to 60 minutes blow drying my hair with what I thought was a good blow dryer, and then have to style it afterwards, which could take another 20-30 minutes. I use the Dyson Airwrap’s mini blow dryer attachment for most of my blow dry. At the end I switch to the flat brush attachment to straighten my hair. And that’s all my naturally straight hair + the extensions (which have slight waves) need to be straight. I’ve still never tried the curling attachment because I haven’t wanted to curl my entire head lately.
I used to sleep in a satin or silk sleep bonnet to help grow my hair out longer, but I switched to the Silk Pillowcase because it has additional anti-aging benefits for your face (or so it claims). Silk pillowcases definitely prevent breakage for my hair.
So now you know my secret to long hair: getting extensions put in, which keeps me from over styling my hair. I also think my diet, which is rich in healthy fats like avocado, helps tremendously too.
What are your hair secrets? Share in the comments!
My Hair Stylist
Want to see my hair stylist? If you live in the greater Tampa, Florida area you can! My hair stylist is at iStyle XG Hair Salon. Tell Cliff Courtney (Phyrra) sent you!
What I’m Wearing
Cozzette Beauty C1 Powder
Lime Crime Venus XL Palette
Lime Crime Diamond Dews (Dragon, Aurora, Holy Shift)
Black Moon Catshark
Velour Would I Lie? Lashes
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara
Colour Pop Jet Set Black pencil
Danessa Myricks Prism FX Lotion
Cover Girl Matte foundation in L10
Nudestix Sculpting Stick
LA Girl Just Because – contour
TheBalm Balm Beach – blush
Saucebox Champagne Bomb – highlight
Black Moon Catshark – highlight
Smashbox So Chill Coconut Primer Water
KBShimmer On Cloud Wine
Discount Codes for You
These are my current discount codes with brands. I do not make a commission off of most of these, but they are helpful for you! All of these brands are cruelty-free and many are vegan.
- Beauty By Design Skincare – Get 20% off with PHYRRA20
- Darling Girl Cosmetics – Get 15% off with PHYRRA15
- Emme Diane Skincare – Get 10% off with Phyrra10
- Good Cubed – Get 15% off with PHYRRA
- Ishani Botanicals Skincare – Get 25% off with phyrra25
- L’Bri Skincare – Save on sample sets
- Lux De Ville – Get $10 off your 1st purchase at Lux De Ville with my referral link
- Makeup Geek – Get 10% off with PHYRRA
- My Pretty Zombie – Get 15% off with myprettyphyrra
- Ofra Cosmetics – Get 30% off with PHYRRA30
- Rev.com – Get $10 off your first order with my referral link
- Saucebox Cosmetics – Get 20% off with PHYRRA
- Sigma Beauty – Get 10% off with PHYRRA
- Silk Naturals – Get 5% off with phyrra18
- The Real Real – Get $25 off your 1st purchase at The RealReal with my referral link
Other Hair Features
- The Beginner’s Guide to Tape-in Hair Extensions
- The Beginner’s Guide to Brightly Colored Hair
- The Best Cruelty-Free Dry Shampoos
- The Best Cruelty-Free Heat Protectants for Under $20
- The Best Affordable Cruelty-Free Sulfate-Free Shampoos & Conditioners
- Quick & Easy Way to Get Wavy Hair
- Unicorn Hair: Am I Too Old?
- Top 10 Cruelty-Free Drugstore Hair Products
- How to Take Care of Dyed Hair
- How to Make Hair Color Last Longer
- How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
- How to Get Glow in the Dark Hair
- How to Gracefully Grow Out a Pixie Cut
These are my most popular hair features!