Soothing Yourself: Top 10 Self Soothing Techniques
Hi fam, today I’m bringing you soothing yourself: top 10 self soothing techniques to help you cope with anxiety, stress and panic. These are techniques that I have learned from my therapist over the years in therapy. I’m a big believer in mental health and wanted to share what I’ve learned to help during this difficult time.
Top 10 Self Soothing Techniques Video
Self Soothing Techniques
- sensory deprivation
- hot baths
- swing chair
- pet your pets
- positive self talk
- deep breathing
- work through the worst case scenario to the best case scenario
- weighted blanket
- hug yourself for 30 to 60 seconds
Soothing Swing Chair
This is my soothing swing chair that I bought right after my Grandma passed away. I use it as needed during the week to soothe myself. My therapist says that the gentle rocking in it mimics the womb.
More Mental Health Features
- The #1 Thing to Start Today to be Happier
- How to Keep from Going Stir Crazy
- The #1 Thing to Stop Wearing to Feel Pretty
- I’m Proud to be a Villain!
- Anxiety! I had a Panic Attack
- How to Have an At Home Spa Day During the Holidays
- Unicorn Hair: Am I Too Old?
- Can the Keto Diet Help Anxiety?
- How to Fight Imposter Syndrome
- Why Body Positivity Matters
- There’s No Shame in Needing Medication to be Healthy
- I Don’t Talk to My Toxic Mother
More from my site
Last Updated on