Urban Decay Born to Run Palette
Today I wanted to share my Urban Decay Born to Run Palette review with you. I’ve had this palette for a few months now, so I’ve had a lot of time to use it.
$49 for .42 oz (21 eyeshadows at .02 oz each)
Urban Decay Born to Run Palette
I love the slim palette design. It’s perfect for travel, which is the inspiration for the palette.
Urban Decay Born to Run Palette Swatches
- Wildheart – bright fuchsia. It’s a gorgeous shimmery berry.
- Hell Ride – deep fuschia matte. This turns into more of a raspberry red on my skin. It reminds me a lot of Anastasia Beverly Hills Love Letter.
- Ignite – rose gold metallic. I love this color! It’s beautiful with Blaze, Double Life, and Stranded.
- Double Life – metallic rust. I love that you see deep bronzey brown, red, copper and gold in this color. It’s an interesting neutral.
- Still Shot – bright peach. This is a nice transition color on my skintone. It reminds me a lot of Sugarpill Suburbia.
- Baja – burnt orange matte. This is a good transition color for deeper skintones.
- Blaze – light metallic peach with pink shift. I love this color! It’s also in the Beached palette.
- Stranded – pale rose gold with tonal micro shimmer. This shows up as a beautiful buffed gold on me.
- Breakaway – warm ivory shimmer. I really wish this was a matte or a satin matte.
- Weekender – light neutral beige matte. Weekender is peachy beige on me. This shade fits in nicely with the Naked Heat and Petite Heat palettes.
- Riff – brown-nude matte with floating micro-sparkle. On my skin it looks like an orange brown matte.
- Smog – deep coppery bronze shimmer. This color is in tons of UD palettes. It’s gorgeous for a smoky eye, especially layered on top of a black pencil.
- Accelerate – reddish copper metallic. Very orange on me. It reminds me of UD Heatwave.
- Drift – charcoal satin with tonal micro-sparkle. I wanted to love this color, it’s a steely grey with blue and purple undertone.
- Punk – red-brown matte. It’s a deep brown matte. I wish it was a deep burgundy wine matte. It’s from the Gwen Stefani palette.
- Radio – deep emerald satin. It’s a teal blue on my skintone.
- Good as Gone – deep brown with iridescent micro-shimmer. It’s a boring deep brown.
- Big Sky – frosted green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle. It’s an interesting green that reminds me of the color of a dollar bill.
- Guilt Trip – smoky purple shimmer. It looks pretty in this swatch but it would not perform the same on my eyes.
- Wanderlust – forest green with gold micro-shimmer. It reminds me of UD Mildew.
- Jet – black with deep shimmering purple shift. I love this black! It’s great for deepening the outer corner.
Urban Decay Born to Run Palette Review
The Urban Decay Born to Run palette is gorgeous. It has a fairly well balanced mix of shimmers and mattes. For the most part, I didn’t struggle to create complete looks with the palette. I like the eyeshadow formula and found it easy to blend, which is one of the reasons I love Urban Decay’s eyeshadows.
The price point of $49 for .42 oz of product is good. You’re getting .02 oz of product per color and 21 shades. As I mentioned above, I love the slim palette design and it’s easy to travel with.
The Urban Decay Born to Run palette has a mix of warm and cool tones, but definitely favors warm colors. There are plenty of neutrals mixed in with the fun shades. Many of the colors are perfect for Fall! Smog, Accelerate, Radio, Drift, Guilt Trip, Double Life, Hell Ride, Wildheart, Ignite, Stranded, Baja and Blaze scream Fall to me.
I feel like there’s a whole lotta orange in the UD Born to Run palette (Still Shot, Ignite, Baja, Accelerate and Double Life all have orange tones to me). There’s not a ton of browns, but they are there. I do wish that Punk was a deep burgundy wine matte color.
I had issues with 2 shades in the palette. Drift and Guilt Trip both swatch beautifully for me, but I haven’t managed to make them look good in a makeup look yet. They may be better layered on top of other colors.
I really love Blaze, Stranded, Hell Ride, Wildheart and Still Shot. They’re my favorites in the Born to Run eyeshadow palette. It’s a solid palette and I recommend picking it up if you love the color scheme and Urban Decay. Skip it if you won’t use at least 10 shades in the palette.
What do you think of the Urban Decay Born to Run Palette?
You May Also Enjoy
Last Updated on