Sephora VIB Appreciation Sale 2018
The Sephora VIB Appreciation Sale 2018 starts today if you’re a Rouge member! Sephora updated their Beauty Insider program to improve it and make it better for Rouge. Here’s hoping that’s actually the case.
Some of the changes are – VIB members earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent. Rouge members earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent. Supposedly there will be more rewards including $100 Rouge Reward for Rouge and full size products for VIB and Rouge. You will also be able to choose between a birthday gift for brands and 250 bonus points on your account. You can check out Sephora’s FAQ for more information.
You can use your code once online and as many times as you want in stores.
- Rouge Level – 20% off with the code YESROUGE, good August 24 through September 3.
- VIB Level – 15% off with the code YESVIB, good August 30 through September 3.
- BI Level – 10% off with the code YESINSIDER, good August 30 through September 3.
What I Purchased
I wanted to share what I just bought with you.
- It Cosmetics Miracle Water 3-in-1 Micellar Cleanser
- Smashbox Super Fan Mascara
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating Foundation in shade 0.1
- Smashbox Punked Cover Shot Palette
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
I bought the It Cosmetics Miracle Water 3-in-1 Micellar Cleanser to use as a toner after cleansing. I rarely use toners but I’ve had several people recommend that I give it a try.
The Smashbox Super Fan Mascara made it into my cart because I bought a sample of it and loved my results with it. This is a vegan mascara.
I’m trying the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Hydrating Foundation in the shade 0.1 (which says it’s my Sephora Color IQ Match 1Y01, very fair with neutral undertone) to see how it works for my dry skin. It claims to be a comfortable natural-matte liquid foundation that hydrates, won’t settle into pores or fine lines, won’t oxidize or transfer for up to 24 hours. It’s also vegan.
I snagged the Smashbox Cover Shot palette in Punked because I love Prism and I adore purple purples. It’s described as a mix of cool, grunge-inspired grays, warm mauves, nudes, and punched-up purples in vixeny velvets and shimmers.
I picked up the Smashbox Under Eye Primer because I finished a tube of it a while ago and really liked it. It’s supposed to help soothe delicate under-eye skin and it has caffeine to combat puffiness.
Keep in mind, I’m constantly buying things throughout the year whenever I need them. I do try to time my purchases for sales whenever I can. Like I want to pick up the Dyson Blow Dryer but it was excluded from this sale, so I’ll be watching for a coupon to buy it from Ulta instead. I typically only buy big ticket items like that during a big sale.
PR + purchased by me.
What I Recommend
It’s always a good idea to stock up on staples whenever Sephora has a VIB Appreciation Sale. Things like your favorite mascaras, foundations, brush cleaners, skincare, etc. Whatever you know you will go through.
- Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner – I buy the biggest bottle and use that to clean my brushes.
- Beauty Blender Insta Clean Spray – I bought this recently to try it out and it works well.
- Coola Skincare – I love the Full Spectrum 360 Sun Drops, SPF 50 Sport Spray for the Body, and SPF 30 for the lips.
- Kate Somerville Skincare – I love the SPF 50 for my face and the retinol night cream.
- Ren Clean Skincare – I love the Evercalm line for my rosacea!
- Supergoop SPF 50 Setting Spray – I just recently bought this to try on top of makeup.
- Saturday Skin – their eye cream and face essence are excellent.
- Jouer Lip Balm – I bought this to try because people have been raving about it.
These are my top mascaras right now.
- Smashbox Primer Water in So Chill Coconut – for most skin types. I’m using this all the time lately as a primer and a setting spray.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Spray – for most skin types
- Urban Decay Chill Spray – for super dry skin, also great on the back of the neck during the hot humid Summer months
- Urban Decay De-Slick Spray – for super oily skin
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – my holy grail, this works with almost all foundations primer
- First Aid Beauty Coconut Smoothie Primer – a hydrating primer for dry skin
- Too Faced Hangover Primer – a hydrating primer for dry skin
- Milk Makeup Blur Stick – I like to use this to fill in pores on my nose and on the side of my face
These are my favorite face and eye primers.
Light Coverage Foundations
- Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation – I wear shade N0. This can be built up to full coverage or used as a concealer too.
- Nudestix Nudies Tinted Blur Stick – I wear shade Light 1 but it’s not a perfect match.
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer – I wish I had a shade match but they don’t make a pale neutral.
- Urban Decay One and Done Foundation – I wish I had a match in this! I have to mix it with over 50% white to get it close to my skintone.
Medium Coverage Foundations
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation – I wish I had a match! This has the most beautiful finish ever.
- BECCA Skin Love Foundation – I bought this in Linen to test out.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – I wear shade Cloud but it’s not a perfect match. This is medium but buildable to full.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream SPF 50 Foundation – I don’t have a shade match. It’s medium but buildable to full.
- bareMinerals BarePro Powder Foundation – I wish Fair 1 had a neutral or neutral cool yellow equivalent because it’s too pink on me and the next shade is too dark.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Loose Powder Foundation – Fair Honey is a decent match for my skintone.
Full Coverage Foundations
- Huda Beauty Fauxfilter Foundation – I wear shade Milkshake. This is super full coverage and vegan.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation – I bought shade Porcelain Beige to try out. I wish they offered Porcelain Sand.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation – I don’t have a shade match.
- Kat Von D Beauty Lock-it Foundation – L41 is a match but I cannot wear it with my dry skin.
- Hourglass Vanish Foundation Stick – Shade Blanc is too pink-toned for me.
- Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks – this is my all-time favorite lipstick formula. I’ve done tons of posts on UD lipsticks.
- Too Faced Melted Matte-tallic Lipsticks – I love this liquid lipstick formula and I’ve bought over half the shades. It’s so good!
- Too Faced Throwback Lipsticks – I bought Trampula and Hot Flash, which are both gorgeous.
- Too Faced Peach Kiss Matte Lipsticks – I’m in love with Love is a Battlefield. It’s a gorgeous shade.
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayons – I wish I owned them all! I have Flaming-oh!, Night Mauves and Send Nudes. Fram-bois!, Plum n Get It, Merlot Blow and Blacquer are on my wish list
- Marc Jacobs Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss – I love Ch-Ch-Changes, Whip It and Love Buzz
- Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss – I love Candy Flip, SPL, Snapped, Jawbreaker, Aphrodisiac, Tongue Tied and Ghosted.
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blushes – I love these and wish they would expand the color range!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes – I have Euphoric Fusion and love it! I would love to pick up Incandescent Electra and Mood Exposure.
- Urban Decay Pro Brushes – I love these to bits. They have the PERFECT handles for me.
- Foreo – great for sensitive skin if you want an ultra sonic skin device.
- Urban Decay Born to Run – I used this palette in my August 2018 Gothic Lookbook Video.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat or Petite Heat – if you love these fiery colors these are excellent palettes. (Naked Heat Review, Petite Heat Review, Naked Heat Tutorial Inspiration)
- Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics – this is my favorite neutrals palette and it’s already 50% off, so you will get it even cheaper during the sale. (Naked Ultimate Basics Review)
- Urban Decay Moondust – this palette is excellent for layering and super sparkly looks. (Moondust Palette Review)
- Viseart Palettes – I LOVE my Viseart palettes! The Editorial Brights, Cool Mattes 2 and Cool Mattes 1 are my favorites. Bridal Satin is also nice and it’s marked down as part of the flash sale. (Cool Toned Eyeshadow Palettes, Editorial Brights Review)
- Natasha Denona 5 Pan Palettes – I actually love my Mini Lila and think this is the best way to try the brand. (Mini Lila swatches, 28 Purple Blue Palette Review)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina – I love the top row of this palette.
- Too Faced Then & Now – this looks so cute!
- Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes – Zero regrets about buying this one. (Just Peachy Mattes Review)
- Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered – people are loving this.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Quads – these are back again but marked down to $15 already. (Shade + Light Eye Quads Review)
- Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palettes – these are super cute.
What are you going to pick up during the Sephora VIB Appreciation Sale 2018?