Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial
Today I’m sharing my Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial with you. I’ve had a lot of requests to create more tutorials using the Naked Heat palette that Urban Decay sent me. It seems to be a universally loved Naked palette. Alkaline is my favorite color from the Naked Heat collection release. It’s the PERFECT burgundy wine pencil that I’ve been searching for years to find. If only there was an exact eyeshadow color match to it! This tutorial is perfect for hooded eyes, but will also work for other eye shapes too!
What I’m Wearing for My Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial
Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Urban Decay Walk of Shame – base shade
Urban Decay Alkaline – lid in dome shape, lower lid
Urban Decay Ashes (Naked Heat) – on top of alkaline
Urban Decay Relish – to blend out edges
Urban Decay Chaser (Naked Heat) – to help transition
Urban Decay Aura (blue side, discontinued, try Kat Von D Alchemist) – to highlight
Urban Decay Crux – lower lid
Urban Decay Legend – waterline
Wunderbrow Jet Black
The Ordinary High Spreadability Fluid primer
The Ordinary Serum foundation in 1NS + Nyx Pro White + UD Liquid Aura
Urban Decay Fair Neutral powder – to set
Urban Decay Shapeshifter Light – contour
Urban Decay Bang, Quiver, Video – blush
Urban Decay Aura (blue side, discontinued, try Kat Von D Alchemist) – highlight
Milani Make it Dewy setting spray
KBShimmer No Wave (teal)
KBShimmer Berry Chill (purple)
Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial How-To
- With a fluffy brush, apply your base shade all over the eye. This makes it easier to blend other colors. I used Walk of Shame.
- Color in your lid and crease in the dome shape with Alkaline pencil. Use a brush to soften the color upwards.
- Use the Iconic brush to blend Ashes into the dome shape on top of Alkaline, blending upwards.
- Blend Relish into the edges of Ashes in little circles, going upwards and outwards.
- Blending in little circles, use Chaser at the edges of Relish to further soften the edges of color.
- Line the lower lash line with Alkaline, then smudge Crux on top of it.
- Tightline the upper lash line and line the lower waterline with Legend.
- Highlight under the brows and at the inner corner with Aura (blue side). Add mascara.
Shop Your Stash for Similar Shades
- Walk of Shame – pale peachy pink beige matte
- Alkaline – burgundy wine pencil
- Ashes – burgundy brown matte
- Relish – red matte
- Chaser – pale peachy brown nude matte
- Crux – smoky teal blue with multi-colored sparkle
- Legend – black pencil
- Aura – iridescent white with blue shift
You can shop your makeup stash for similar shades if you don’t own what I used to create my Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial. Makeup Geek has similar eyeshadow and eyeliner pencil colors to the ones I used.
Be sure you check out my Urban Decay Naked Heat Collection First Impressions.
I’ve used the Naked Heat palette a ton lately because Chaser and Sauced mixed together make a great crease color for me. If only En Fuego was redder and Ashes was a burgundy wine, it would be perfect!
I created this look with the PhyrraNyx Facebook Group Makeup Challenge Fire Power in mind. I really love how the lower lid turned out. Crux on top of Alkaline looks amazing. And using Aura to highlight makes me think of a blue flame! If you are a burgundy wine fan, Alkaline pencil is a must have!
What do you think of my Urban Decay Naked Heat Alkaline Tutorial? Would you wear it?
Other Hooded Eye Makeup Tutorials
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Scorched Tutorial
- Urban Decay Midnight Blast Tutorial
- Unicorn Frapuccino Tutorial
- Saucebox Mermaid Life Tutorial