Hello beautiful creatures! I wanted to share my new purple ombre hair with you. I went to see my friend Tania at Tampa Hair Extensions for my first cut and color after lockdown on April 25. My last professional hair cut and color with Tania was in October 2020 when she turned me green. Prior to the global pandemic, I preferred to get my hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks, but during lockdown I only got one trim. I maintained my color on my own and kept my hair healthy with lots of hair masks.
Purchased by me. All opinions my own.
About Tampa Hair Extensions
Tampa Hair Extensions is a by appointment only concierge hair service, available in Tampa and Miami. My friend Tania has over 15 years of experience with hair extensions, coloring, cutting and styling. She specializes in fine hair and is a Bellami Professional Hair certified and affiliate stylist. If I get extensions again, I know I will be going to see Tania! You can book a consult with Tania here.
Blue Green Hair
Purple Ombre Hair
And here’s the finished purple ombre hair right after the appointment. Tania had to trim two inches off my length, which was actually less than I anticipated. I thought that because it hadn’t been trimmed in such a long time I might have more split ends. Thankfully, I was able to minimize the split ends by frequent masking.
Tania used Pravana Chromasilk Vivids to create my gorgeous purple color melt. You know how much I love Pravana!
What I’m Using Right Now
Below is what I’m currently using to maintain my hair. Please note, I fully believe that what you eat is reflected in your hair, skin, and body. I went keto in 2018 and it helped me lose 40 lbs. I’ve since kept off that weight by cutting out most processed foods and radically changing how I eat. I eat an avocado daily, along with blueberries and macadamia nuts. In addition to shopping at my local grocer, I shop at Butcher Box for healthy lean protein and Thrive Market for additional healthy foods.
- Manuka Honey Serborrheic Dermatitis Shampoo – new shampoo to try to help my scalp. I wash every 5 to 7 days.
- Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Luster Lock – I use this as my conditioner and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes when I wash my hair. This is the main thing that has helped to save my hair.
- Aunt Jackie’s Fix My hair Intensive Repair Conditioning Masque – I use this once a month as a mask for about an hour.
- Lime Crime Color Conditioner – I sometimes use the blue or purple to help maintain my color. I put this on as a hair mask and leave it on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Manic Panic Hair Dyes – I often use these to maintain my color. I put this on with a cap and leave it on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Dyes – I love to mix these with Manic Panic to get the exact shade I’m looking for with longer lasting results.
- Drybar Dry Shampoo – what I use after workouts and in between washing my hair.
- Drybar Dry Conditioner – what I use in between washing my hair.
- Eva NYC Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer – what I use after I get out of the shower and before I blow dry or air dry.
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Thermal Protection Spray – what I use before I heat style.
- Hair Waver – What Mickey used on me and recommended, so I bought one and use it to put waves in my hair. Love it!
Here’s my new purple ombre hair with some waves thrown in quickly before we went skydiving.
Second Day Waves
This is what my hair looks like on day 2 after waving my hair.
What’s your hair routine like right now?