Urban Decay Smoked Out Cat Eye Tutorial
I’ve got another one brand eyeshadow tutorial to share with you. This is my Urban Decay Smoked Out Cat Eye Tutorial. I used one of the Liquid Moondusts, as well as several of my favorite colors from different palettes.
PR + purchased by me.
1. After applying primer, use a fluffy brush to put on your base shade. I used Urban Decay Walk of Shame (Naked Basics Palette).
2. Apply tape to create a sharp wing shape, then use a fluffy brush and softly apply Urban Decay Prank (Spectrum Palette, discontinued) to the outer lid, as well as in a winged eyeliner shape towards the tail of your brow. Also do the lower lid.
3. Diffuse Urban Decay Blindsided (Full Spectrum Palette) on top of Prank with a fluffy brush.
4. Line the upper lash line and wing it out with Urban Decay Crave (Naked Basics Palette) on a pencil brush.
5. Apply more Blindsided (Full Spectrum Palette) with a fluffy brush, blending with the liner.
6. Pat Urban Decay Midnight Cowgirl to the inner lid and inner lower lid.
7. Use Urban Decay Naked 2 (Naked Basics Palette) as a transitional shade on the hood.
8. Apply Urban Decay Recharged Liquid Moondust to the inner lid and inner lower lid.
9. Use a small brush to tightline the upper lash line, lower lash line, and put black liner on the lower waterline.
10. Highlight at the inner corner. I used Makeup Geek Moon Phase, but to keep this all one brand you can use Urban Decay Aura eyeshadow (blue side) or Urban Decay Roadstripe.
Shop Your Stash to Try This
- Walk of Shame – your perfect skintone base shade
- Prank – dark navy matte
- Blindsided – bright teal blue matte
- Crave- black matte
- Midnight Cowgirl – shimmery beige with multi-colored glitter
- Recharged – peach with pink shift
- Moon Phase – white with iridescent blue-green shift
- Legend – black eyeliner pencil
UD Walk of Shame (Naked Basics) – base shade all over
UD Prank (Spectrum) – diffused along outer lid, lower lid, elongated cat eye shape
UD Blindsided (Full Spectrum) – diffused on top of Prank
UD Crave (Naked Basics) – as liner, smoked out
UD Naked 2 (Naked Basics) – transition
UD Midnight Cowgirl – inner lid, inner lower lid
UD Recharged – inner lid, inner lower lid
UD 24/7 pencil in Legend – waterline (set with Crave)
Glossier Boy Brow in Black
Makeup Geek Moon Phase – highlight at inner corner
I know it’s a little hard to tell, but Recharged really is a peach with a pink shift. The pink shift was the only thing that wanted to show up in these photos, but in person you saw the peach more than the pink.
Slay is such a neutral lip for me, but the color works well as a MLBB type shade. I love how it smells too, like cake frosting. Yum!
If you’re not a fan of blues, you could certainly try this color placement with greens, burgundies or purples, too. I just wanted to use Blindsided in a look and felt like this would be a fun way to use the color. Let me know what you think of the tutorial!
More from my site
Last Updated on