Urban Decay Brow Box Review
Today I’m sharing my Urban Decay Brow Box review. Urban Decay recently released Blackout and Blondie, expanding their Brow Box selection to 6 shades. Blackout and Blondie are both cool-toned brow products. Urban Decay sent me these shades.
$30 for .13 oz
- Blondie – dark cool blonde and light cool blonde
- Blackout – black and granite
- Bathwater Blonde – dark blonde and light blonde
- Honey Pot – warm dark blonde and warm light blonde
- Brown Sugar – dark brown and light brown
- Brunette Betty – warm dark brown and warm light brown
Blackout is on the left and Blondie is on the right.
From Left to Right – Blackout (black, granite) – Blondie (dark cool blonde, light cool blonde)
Each brow box comes with 2 shades of brow powder, setting wax, mini tweezers, mini angled brow brush, mini spoolie, and two mirrors. The tweezers are really nice, especially for their compact size. I prefer to use a full-size brush like the Sigma E06 with the powders.
Urban Decay recommends using the brow boxes in two different ways:
- Use both shades of the brow powder to create your perfect match, then using the wax to set the color and shape.
- Use the wax first to shape the brows and expose any spots that need color, then fill in.
I use the brow boxes a few different ways. I will often outline my brows with the darker shade, fill in about 3/4 of the way with the darker shade, then use the lighter shade at the inner 1/4. Then I use the spoolie to blend. I also like to use a black pencil to outline the brows, then fill in with the darker shade, and then blend.
I was thrilled to see Urban Decay release Blackout and Blondie, because I feel we need more cool-toned brow products. So many brow products pull warm and orange on me. These don’t.
I love the silky feel of the powder in the brow boxes. They’ve got great pigmentation, which is why I prefer using a very thin brush with Blackout to help my brows look more natural. I do have to remember to use a very light hand with the wax or I end up with too much.
If you’ve got dark hair and need a new brow product, check out the Urban Decay Brow Boxes. They’ve got a good color range.
Have you tried the Urban Decay Brow Boxes? Let me know!