Tarte Smoky Swamp Queen Tutorial
I wanted to share my Tarte Smoky Swamp Queen Tutorial with you. This tutorial uses the tarte Swamp Queen Palette from the Bunny Grav3yardGirl collaboration and the Tarteist Pro Palette.
Pr + purchased by me.
Smoky Swamp Queen Picture Tutorial
0. Apply your eyeshadow primer. Then apply a base shade like Tarte Vintage. I used the Urban Decay Iconic eyeshadow brush.
1. Apply Tarte Natural Peaches as a transitional shade to the hood (crease) and lower lid. I used the Urban Decay Iconic eyeshadow brush. For the lower lid I used the Makeup Geek Pencil brush.
2. Apply Tarte Dogman in the dome shape to the lid and hood, and lower lid. I used the Urban Decay Iconic eyeshadow brush.
3. Apply Tarte Drama to the lid and blend upwards into the dome shape. I used the Urban Decay Iconic eyeshadow brush.
4. Smudge Tarte Punk at the upper lashline, then blend upwards. I used the Urban Decay Detailed Smudger to apply Punk, then the Iconic brush to blend upwards.
5. Add a highlight at the inner corner. I used Makeup Geek Glitz with a fluffy brush.
6. Line the lower waterline with black liner. Add mascara.
For this tutorial I tried to use as few brushes as possible. I cleaned my brush on a microfiber cloth in between colors. I could do almost the entire look with just the Iconic eyeshadow brush.
Shop Your Stash to Try This Tutorial
The colors you’ll need are:
- Vintage – ivory matte
- Natural Peaches – light peachy nude matte
- Dogman – burnt orange matte
- Drama – burgundy brown matte
- Punk – soft black matte
- Glitz – icy pink
- black eyeliner
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Tarte Vintage (Tarteist Pro Palette) – base shade
Tarte Natural Peaches (Swamp Queen) – transitional shade on hood and lower lid
Tarte Dogman (Swamp Queen) – dome shape on lid and hood, lower lid
Tarte Drama (Tarteist Pro Palette) – lid, blended upwards
Tarte Punk (Tarteist Pro Palette) – lashline, smudged upwards
Makeup Geek Glitz – highlight at inner corner
Nudestix Brow Stylus in BrownBlack
Oxygenetix foundation in Opal mixed with The Body Shop lightening drops
Kat Von D L1 Neutral concealer
UD Rapture – blush
Makeup Geek Glitz – highlight
Mally Beauty Pore Defender – to set
Josie Maran Surreal Skin Balm – under eyes
I keep hearing that the tarte Swamp Queen palette will be back soon, and I wanted to continue to test the tarte Tarteist Pro palette, so this tutorial does both. This is a super warm, super orange look from me. I do think it looks nice with my red hair.
Would you wear these colors?
More to See
- tarte Swamp Queen Palette
- Urban Decay Pro Brushes
- Makeup Regrets
- The Pale Girl’s Guide to Contouring
More from my site
Last Updated on