|

T3 Twirl 360 Curling Iron Review

Today I’m going to talk to you about the T3 Twirl 360 Curling Iron. I received the #Twirl360 because I’m an #iFabboMember. The T3 Twirl 360 Curling Iron is a new, unique curling iron that has patent-pending motion-sensing technology to auto-rotate the barrel and help you achieve perfect, bouncing curls or waves.

PR sample.

EDIT – Nov. 8, 2015. This curling iron has been recalled! While I haven’t had an issue with it, many have reported that the clamp breaks off while in use! 

Where to Buy
Sephora, Nordstrom

Price
$230

About the T3 Twirl 360 Motion-Sensing, Auto-Rotating 1.25” Curling Iron
A groundbreaking curling iron that senses the movement of your hand and rotates in the desired direction for uniform, shiny, long-lasting curls and waves. Flawless curls, powered by science. T3’s revolutionary gyroscopic curling iron features patent-pending motion-sensing technology and an auto-rotating barrel to create beautiful curls and waves with a simple turn of your wrist. The Twirl 360 senses the movement of your hand and automatically rotates in the desired direction, forming polished, perfect curls every time.

The T3 has 5 heat settings

• 1 – 260 degrees (for fine, damaged or chemically treated hair)
  • 2 – 300 degrees (for fine, damaged or chemically treated hair)
  • 3 – 351 degrees (for normal to thick hair)
  • 4 – 390 degrees (for normal to thick hair)
  • 5 – 410 degrees (for normal to thick hair)

It has 2 speed settings – slow and fast. Hold down the power button for fast or tap it once for slow. You double click this button to choose the heat setting and it lights up 1 to 5 lights based on your choice.

The barrel is made of tourmaline and ceramic technology. This allows it to heat your hair evenly, smooth the hair and helps the curls to last longer. With the 1.25″ barrel, you get larger curls or sultry waves.

My Straight Hair

My normal hair, which is straight, color treated, and fine textured. For the love of Jack, before you curl your hair, make sure you use a heat protectant! You don’t want  your hair to be burned up to a crisp or damaged. See my cruelty free heat protectants.

T3 Twirl 360

The T3 Twirl 360 has a mid-barrel clip, which makes it pretty easy to curl layered sections of hair or longer ones. I sort of like the white barrel since it makes it so very easy to see my hair against it.

T3 Twirl 360 Waves

The T3 Twirl 360 gives me nice waves that add volume to my fine, straight hair.

What I liked about it
I really loved the tourmaline and ceramic barrel because I felt it did an awesome job of adding shine to my hair and smoothing it. The 1.25″ barrel is a great size for my slightly longer than shoulder length layered hair. It does a fantastic job of creating waves in my hair. It did a nice job of making curls. I like the heat setting options and that it heats up quickly. It has an auto shut off that will turn it off after it’s been on for about an hour, which I consider a necessity in a styling tool.

What I didn’t like about it
I actually am not a fan of the auto twirl technology. Even on the slow setting, the tilting the wrist and holding the button to rotate felt more awkward to me than the normal motion. Even on the slow setting I was concerned that with my shorter layers I might go too close to my scalp.

I definitely think the tourmaline and ceramic barrel are awesome and I need to make sure all my future heat styling tools have a high quality barrel like the T3’s, but I feel this is a very expensive curling iron. I think if you curl your hair frequently, you might like the auto twirl technology. I definitely think it’s an improvement over curling wands.

What do you think of the T3 Twirl 360 Curling Iron? How do you prefer to style your hair?

29 Comments

1. Holy pricepoint Batman! For those rare days when I use heat on my hair, I’ll stick with my good old fashion curling iron with clip I’ve had forever.

2. I got my kiss instawave from brandbacker and thought it was pretty good. if my hair were longer i think it would be awesome. This curling iron seems great! I love what it did to your hair. for some reason when i use my iron on me it doesn’t look so hott but when i do it to my daughter’s longer hair it looks awesome! thanks for the review and info!

3. I was wondering about this iron… I really want to have loose pretty waves but curling irons scare me haha. You said the rotating barrel is harder than just doing it yourself so I don’t know if it would suit me or not!

4. Your hair looks awesome. I am a fan of T3 curlers because they def heat fast and have super cool features. I have this one on my try list 🙂

5. This looks like a work of art – and is priced like one! Since I’ve come to embrace my natural texture I very rarely heat style my hair although I’ve still got a curling iron in every size from 1/4″ to 1 1/4″ from when I did. Now that my hair is nearly at my waist I’d be too afraid of tangling to try this!

6. Being a curling iron novice, the auto twirl scares me, but it looks like it works great.

7. Yes I think a good barrel is important. With all the different choices it gets overwhelming in choosing. Tourmaline, silver technology, nano, etc.

8. I’ve got two left hands when it comes to my hair but I’d love to give this a try.

9. I am in the market for a new curling iron and this one looks like it really curls nicely!

10. Your hair looks great! Too spendy for my budget, though, especially since my hair is so curl-resistant.

11. This curling iron is so pretty that I am a sucker and would buy for packaging heheh. I do love the curls you ladies are getting!

Comments are closed.