Hello, beautiful creatures! I used to believe the perfect eyeshadow palette didn’t exist, but then I saw the Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis Palette and had to have it! The Metamorphosis Palette is an enchanting mix of vibrant blues and purples in various finishes, including mattes and duo-chrome. These cruelty-free eyeshadows are listed as being 100% vegan, too. Pink Crush collaborated with makeup artist ChristaRiceMakeup from IG, known for her beautiful, creative makeup artistry.
Where to Buy
$30 for 12 eyeshadows x.05 oz each
Talc, Mica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostereate, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl-glycerin, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77491, CI 77491, CI 77007, CI 77288, CI 77289, CI 77742, CI 19140, CI 42090
About Pink Crush Cosmetics
I don’t know much about Pink Crush Cosmetics, other than they’re a new indie brand that appears to have opened in June 2021. They state they are cruelty-free, and it looks like many, if not all, of their products, are vegan. Their Hyper-Chrome Duochrome palette looks stunning, too.
Purple and Blue Duochrome Eyeshadow Palette Video
Watch on YouTube for Closed Captioning in English!
Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis Palette
- Transformation – iridescent white in the pan but flips purple to blue (pearlescent white with purple-pink-blue shift)
- Chrysalis – white with a silvery blue shimmer (iridescent white with silvery blue shimmer)
- Flutter – soft shimmery lavender (soft lavender with blue-violet shimmer)
- Purple Emperor – duo-chrome lavender teal/blue flip (teal blue with a pinky-purple shift)
- Chitin – blue red/purple duo-chrome (burgundy red base with blue to purple iridescence)
- Free Spirit – rich and vibrant purple shimmer (stunning vibrant purple shimmer)
- Cold Blooded – brilliant sapphire blue shimmer. (rich sapphire blue shimmer)
- Exoskeleton – deep blue matte (inky deep blue matte)
- Pink Nectar – pinky-purple matte (soft, slightly greyed pinky-purple matte)
- Ultraviolet – rich purple matte (vivid purple matte)
- Wingspan – robin egg blue matte (sky blue matte)
- Blue Morpho – brilliant blue matte (vivid blue matte)
About My Skin Tone
I have a very fair neutral to cool yellow undertone for my skin tone, and I apparently turn cool olive if I get sun. My favorite foundation matches right now are as follows:
- Rituel de Fille Galatea (light yellow) + Nix (fair neutral) Ethereal Veil
- Urban Decay Hydromaniac Tinted Glow Hydrator in 10 Ultra Fair Neutral
- Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Skin Finish Buildable Coverage Foundation Stick in Angel Food
- Milk Makeup Flex Foundation Stick in Porcelain
I take my swatch photos outdoors in direct sunlight and indoors next to a window with indirect sunlight. I swatch on eyeshadow primer because I have 43-year-old, oily, very hooded eyes.
Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis Palette Swatches
Duochrome Eyeshadow Combos
For these eyeshadow combinations, I applied the matte shade first. Then I applied the duo-chrome on top.
- Ultraviolet Row – Transformation, Flutter, Purple Emperor
- Pink Nectar Row – Transformation, Flutter, Purple Emperor
- Exoskeleton Row – Transformation, Flutter, Purple Emperor
- Wingspan Row – Transformation, Flutter, Purple Emperor
I love the deeper purples and deeper blues from the Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis Palette.
More Eyeshadow Combinations
Teardrop Layers from top to bottom:
- Blue Morpho + Transformation, Blue Morpho + Flutter
- Blue Morpho + Purple Emperor, Exoskeleton + Chrysalis
- Exoskeleton + Chitin, Cold Blooded + Free Spirit
- Chitin + Ultraviolet, Chitin + Free Spirit
- Chitin + Cold Blooded, Pink Nectar + Chitin
- Pink Nectar + Chrysalis, Pink Nectar + Flutter
So many of these Metamorphosis Palette combinations speak to me! I love the deep, rich duo-chrome shades.
Hooded Eyes Metamorphosis Palette Eyeshadow Look
I will have a tutorial on this purple makeup look featuring Metamorphosis for hooded eyes on my YouTube channel soon, but I wanted to include it here.
The Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis eyeshadow palette was overall good, but not my favorite eyeshadow formula ever. The eyeshadow in the pan is powdery and seems to kick up extra product when I dip my brushes in. The mattes are a very buildable formula that is easy to blend out, but I would like to see them have more pigmentation because I don’t know how they will look on richer skin tones. The duo-chromes and shimmers are easy to apply.
I love this entire color story! The purples are lovely to work with, proving that brands can make purple vegan eyeshadow that doesn’t suck if they put some effort into it. I wish more mainstream brands would take note of this.
What do you think of the Pink Crush Cosmetics Metamorphosis Palette? What sort of eyeshadow color stories do you want to see more of?
This one’s gorgeous, esp your look. The name is perfect. Your swatches showed how the layering can make infinite changes to the shades. You really understood the uniqueness of the shades and presented the combos with super organization. The review is far better than the cue cards that can come with palettes. Your swatches and look are inspirational for this one, Courtney. Poodle love.
Lola Seicento says
The color story is just incredibly gorgeous. I am sorry to hear that the formula wasn’t your favorite though! Your swatches are amazing, as always, Courtney!
Rachel R. says
Thanks for all the swatches of combinations and layering! These will be very helpful when using my palette.