When I first set eyes on Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Technopagan, I fell in love. It’s an amazing blackened blue purple type shade and it matches my hair perfectly. I knew I had to have it.
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Technopagan Lip Tar Review
About Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Technopagan Lip Tar
Part of the Fall 2014 Unknown Pleasures collection. A high-opacity lipstick concentrate with unparalleled pigmentation.
- cruelty free
- paraben free
- Organic Hemp Oil: Provides extraordinary moisture and is rich in omega and gamma-lineolic essential fatty acids.
- Organic Peppermint Oil: Provides natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that allow OCC to create a product free of parabens and other synthetic preservatives.
- Tocopherol Acetate: Moisturizes deeply and is rich in antioxidants.
$18 for .33 oz
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate [+/-] Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6 (CI 15850), D&C Red #7 (CI 15850), D&C Red #27 (CI 45410), D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1 (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow #5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow #6 (CI 15985), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019).
This shade is not for the mild. Technopagan is described as a metallic blackened purple with blue pearl and I think that fits it perfectly. I just love how this color looks with my hair. It’s perfect!
For me, this was one of the easier lip tar shades to apply. I do wish it had a matching pencil though!
My Tips for Application
- Start by exfoliating your lips.
- Moisturize your lips after you exfoliate.
- Blot off any excess moisture.
- Apply OCC Lip Tar in Clear as a base or use OCC Colour Pencil in Anti-Feathered (clear) or another pencil you like.
- With a lip brush, take a tiny rain drop amount of Technopagan (or any other lip tar shade you want to use) and use that to paint the thinnest layer of color possible on your lips. If you get more product than you anticipated, start at the center inner part of your lips and work your way out.
- Blot if necessary.
I need to talk about the value of lip tars. These are an amazing deal for the price. You’re getting .33 oz of product for $18. Compare that to Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks, which are $22 for .09 oz, MAC lipsticks (not cruelty free) that are $16 for .10 oz, Ardency Inn, which are $25 for .12 oz, and Too Faced Melted Lipsticks, which are $21 for .4 oz. Only the Too Faced Melted lipsticks come close for the value.
I’m really glad I picked up this shade because, while I think it’s a daring choice for Fall and I absolutely love it, it’s a color I can see myself wearing year round.
What do you think of Technopagan? Would you wear this lip tar, or stick to the matching nail polish?