Step into Spring with NARS! Sunday was the first official day of Spring and I wanted to share some new beauties from NARS with you. I have the Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30, NARSissist L’amour Toujours L’amour Eyeshadow Palette, NARSissist Cheek Studio Palette, and Impassioned blush to show you.
Step Into Spring with NARS
NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
The Velvet Matte Skin Tint is new for Spring 2016. Available in 12 shades, it’s supposed to blur imperfections, even out skintone, and smooth the appearance of pores and fine lines. It dries to a soft matte finish. I have two shades of Skin Tint to show you – Finland and Terre-neuve. I also wanted to show you what Siberia (from the All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation) looks like too. As you can probably tell from the swatches above, the Skin Tint will mostly (but not completely) cover up my arm freckles.
- Finland – Light 1 – Lightest with neutral yellow undertones
- Terre-neuve – Light 0 – Lightest with neutral pink undertones
- Siberia – Light 1 – Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
Siberia is the best match for my skintone between these 3 shades. If you’re pale and cool-toned, check out Terre-neuve. If you’re pale and warm-toned, try Finland. As always, if you don’t have an exact match but love the formula, try adding a white foundation mixer. As a reminder, my skintone is pale neutral (Cover FX N0), though I tend to prefer slightly warm leaning foundations to counter the redness from my rosacea.
NARSissist Cheek Studio Palette
The Cheek Studio Palette gives you 4 blush shades that are nice for warming up the complexion for spring. Laguna is, of course, one of the most popular bronzing powders if you love bronzer. Paloma is good for contouring the face or eyes. My favorite shade in it is the Icy Lilac blush. I think these shades are most suited to light to medium skintones, as most aren’t going to work on my pale skin.
Swatched heavily on the left and lightly on the right.
NARS Impassioned Blush
The Impassioned blush is described as a pink orchid, but I think it looks more like an earthy pink with a slight violet undertone on me. This is a great blush shade on my pale skin. I find it very flattering. I think this is best suited for pale to light skintones.
NARS NARSissist L’amour Toujours L’amour Eyeshadow Palette
The NARSissist L’amour Toujours L’amour Eyeshadow Palette has a good mix of everyday neutrals in matte and shimmer finishes. Colors like Sunburst Copper will really bring out blue eyes, while Shimmering Taupe Cashmere is flattering for green and blue green, and Shimmering Pink Sand is nice for brown. It has 4 huge shades (.11 oz each) and 8 full size shades (.05 oz each). I really like the layout for this palette. The packaging is pretty but prone to finger prints. Swatched on bare skin.
- 1 Cream bisque – light creamy beige matte (good base shade or blending out shade)
- 2 Shimmering pink sand – pale peach-tinged gold shimmer (really pretty)
- 3 Amethyst ash – deep taupe brown satin (works well with Shimmering taupe cashmere)
- 4 Black truffle – cool-toned smoky charcoal matte (this one really had to be built up, disappointing)
- 5 Golden starlight – pale metallic gold shimmer (nice highlight)
- 6 Sunburst copper – midtone metallic copper shimmer (this is gorgeous)
- 7 Cafe au lait – midtone taupe matte (good transition or crease)
- 8 Pistol grey – deep grey shimmer (love this grey)
- 9 Industrial steel – dark blue-toned grey shimmer (I love this cool shade)
- 10 Regal blue – deep dark blue matte (this one really had to be built up, disappointing)
- 11 Shimmering taupe cashmere – taupe brown satin (surprisingly flattering on my blue-green eyes)
- 12 Shimmering licorice – black with silver micro sparkle (pretty liner, great for a smoky eye)
Are you happy Spring is here? What do you think of the new makeup from NARS?