Happy Makeup Wars Monday! This time we’re sharing our go-to makeup products. These are the products that are tried and true, which I love. I’ve got a quick makeup look, as well as my favorite products in each category to share with you.
All products are cruelty free and any products that I know are vegan are marked as vegan.
Yes, I have hooded eyes and you can see the hood very clearly in the above picture. My liner is barely visible, which is why I kept it skinny at the inner upper lash line and winged it out slightly at the outer upper lash line.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay Walk of Shame (Naked Basics palette) – all over eye area
NARS Ubangi Eye Paint – upper lash line
Physicians Formula Sexy Cat Eyes Mascara
Senna Cosmetics Sketch-A-Brow in Ash Brown
Notoriously Morbid Osteomancy – highlight
Now, I’m not going to lie and say that I wear green lipstick when I’m in a hurry. I don’t. I really tend to go for a bright pink or pinky purple. However, my go-to look works with ANY lipstick color, which is why it’s a go-to look.
Let me break it down for you. I do a tiny bit of liner to emphasize my eyes. I add a dab of blush. I make my lipstick the brightest or darkest part of my look. The eye is easy to do because it’s literally primer, then base shade, then liner, and finish with mascara. I use the same highlighter that I use on my cheeks on my eyes.
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation in N10 – if I’m in a real hurry, this pale neutral is perfection. (vegan)
- Cover FX CC Cream in N-Xtra Light – This is my favorite foundation of all time. It’s perfect whether my skin is dry or oily or sensitive. I prefer to apply it with a damp beauty blender but I can use a brush in a pinch. (vegan)
- Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm in Snow Glow mixed with Life’s Entropy White Foundation – Snow Glow is too dark for me on its own, but if I mix in Life’s Entropy White, it works well. (vegan)
Go-to Setting Powders
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Setting Powder in Naked Light
- Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder in Light
- Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Powder
- Makeup Geek Secret Admirer or Romance
- Tarte Mirage (sorry this one is LE, I bought 2)
- Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow
- NARS Unlawful or Orgasm or Olympia
- Urban Decay Walk of Shame
- Darling Girl Tragic Death of Mr Stay Puft
- Sugarpill Lumi (vegan)
- Fyrinnae Nijiro (vegan)
- Saucebox Snow Flake
- NARS Eye Paint in Porto Venere
Go-to Eyeshadow Fixatives
- NARS Eye Paint in Black Valley or Ubangi
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion (vegan)
- Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Mainline (vegan)
Go-to Setting Sprays
- e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set (vegan)
- Urban Decay All Nighter (vegan)
- Nyx Dewy Setting Spray
- Model in a Bottle Setting Spray
Go-to Brow Products
- Senna Cosmetics Sketch-a-brow in Mink or Ash Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brows in Medium Brown or Granite
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite
Go-to Nail Polish
- Cult Nails Nevermore – Cult Nails closed, so I bought several more bottles before they closed. It’s my perfect one coat black so if I don’t know what to wear, I reach for this.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Color in Technopagan – the perfect melding of blue and purple
- Crow’s Toes Nidavellir – a purple base with bright teal blue shift and magenta sparks.
- GlitterDaze Essence of a Unicorn – purple, pink, green and blue glitter flakes – this looks great on top of so many different polishes to add something extra.
My lipstick shade entirely depends upon my mood. But when I do a minimal go-to look I tend to go for bright pink or pinky-purple lips. I also love the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencils as lipsticks and I reach for those a ton. I’ve worn Hoochie, Anime, Black Dahlia and Sebastian a ton over the past several months.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencils in Hoochie, Anime, Sebastian, Black Dahlia or Lydia (vegan)
- Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Desire, Delicious or Vixen (vegan)
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fuchsia, Candy, Violet or Jelly Donut (vegan)
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy, Jilted or Obsessed (vegan)
- Colour Pop Lippie Stix in Tuxedo, Scandy, Corset, Grind, Leather, Feminist, Brills, Bunny or Bull Chic (vegan)
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi or Jeffree
Gel eyeliners are what I reach for 99% of the time when I need to define at the lash line and want it to last. With oily, hooded lids, gel eyeliners are the way to go. For a go-to shade, I want black or blackened teal blue or blackened blue. I feel like blackened blue and blackened teal blue will emphasize my eye color while plain black just helps to make my eyes look larger if I do my liner placement correctly. Tightlining the upper lash line really makes a big difference in how your eyes look.
If you’re in a hurry, a contour blush like NARS Olympia is great for defining your cheekbones.
When it comes to a go-to eyeshadow I typically want a light skintone nude / matte type shade or a wash of light shimmer. I used to use things like MAC Paint Pots for this but NARS Eye Paints are a great cruelty free alternative. So are Darling Girl watercolor paint pots. I know many people prefer a taupe or brown eyeshadow on the lid and lower lid when they want a simple look, but with my eye shape I really feel like a lighter shade is a better choice.
If I’m in an absolute hurry, I’ll just do this – Apply foundation all over my face, including my eyes. Then I’ll define my brows. Add mascara. Throw a little color on the cheeks. Finish with OCC Colour Pencil in Hoochie or Sebastian. Though trust me, I prefer to have the time to do some eyeliner because my eyes need emphasis on the upper waterline and outer upper lash line to help open them up.
What are your go-to makeup options? What do you reach for when you’re in a hurry?
More from my site
Last Updated on