Best Facial Oils for Dry Skin
Happy Makeup Wars Monday! Today I’m sharing the best facial oils for dry skin. As you know, my skin is sensitive and dry. I also have rosacea. Trying to find products that won’t irritate my sensitive skin or cause a rosacea flare up can be challenging. I also struggle to find things that hydrate me fully. These 7 facial oils are the best ones for dry skin, in my experience.
PR + Purchased by me. All of these facial oils are cruelty free. I believe they’re all vegan, too.
Lucy Minerals Ambrosia for Dry Skin Beauty Oil – $30 for 2 fl. oz. (vegan)
Originally I bought a sample of Ambrosia for Dry skin when I first found Lucy Minerals. I immediately fell in love and bought a full size as soon as I finished up the sample. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that I recently I bought 2 more bottles of the full size during a sale. I LOVE this facial oil so much!
Ambrosia for Dry Skin is truly one of the best facial oils for dry skin that I’ve ever encountered. It has fairly simple ingredients that pack a hydrating punch.
- Shea Butter Oil – it moisturizes, improves the skin’s elasticity, and helps to form an environmental barrier.
- Avocado Oil – soothes the skin, increases collagen production, contains vitamins A, D & E.
- Cherry Kernel Oil – packed with antioxidants and vitamins A & E, it improves elasticity, encourages cell regeneration, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Rose Hip Oil – helps to repair damaged skin and has vitamin C.
- Aloe Vera Extract – moisturizes the skin, soothes the skin, has antioxidants, reduces flakiness, has vitamins A, C, e, B12, folic acid and choline.
- Jojoba Oil – helps to keep the skin hydrated, helps with elasticity, reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Argan Oil – anti-inflammatory properties, very hydrating, and has vitamin E & linoleic acid (omega-6 fatty acids)
- Camellia Oil – it has phytosqualene, contains vitamins A, B & E, and helps to nourish, protect and moisturize.
- Rose Geranium Oil – calming and clean scent.
Right now I apply this twice a day to my face. I do a double cleanse, then use my Holy Snails Shark Sauce if I’m going to use it, then I put on Ambrosia for Dry Skin. It leaves me feeling very hydrated. I also feel like the fine lines around my eyes look better thanks to this oil.
Paula’s Choice RESIST Hyaluronic Acid Booster – $46 for .67 oz. (vegan)
I finally remembered that I have the Hyaluronic Acid Booster this past week, which is why I’ve started adding a drop of it to my moisturizer with SPF to help me lock in more moisture during the day. While technically not an oil, I use it in the same way that I often use oils, by mixing it in with other products.
Key Ingredients to Help Dry Skin
- Adenosine – anti-wrinkle benefits, skin soothing.
- Glycerin – skin replenishing and restoring.
- Panthenol – a humectant (helps to attract and hold moisture), has vitamin B.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – salt form of hyaluronic acid, a great humectant.
- Hyaluronic Acid – skin restoring ingredient, a great humectant.
- Phytosphingosine – long chain complex fatty alohol that is a skin restoring ingredient. It has preservative qualities and helps to bind water to the skin.
- Ceramide AP – skin replenishing.
- Ceramide EOP – skin replenishing.
- Ceramide NP – long chain lipid to help improve the look and feel of dry skin.
- Cholesterol – an emollient that helps to stabilize and improve the skin’s feel and appearance.
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil – $16 .5 oz, $48 1.7 oz, $96 4 oz (vegan)
I love the Josie Maran Argan Oil for my dry skin. I think it’s seriously one of the best facial oils for dry skin that you can find. It’s also one of the easiest to pick up since it’s in every Sephora.
What makes Josie Maran’s Argan Oil great for dry, sensitive skin is that it’s literally one ingredient – argan oil. It’s organically grown and cold-pressed. Argan Oil is incredibly hydrating for dry skin and gentle for those of us who suffer from rosacea.
Ways to Use Argan Oil
- Moisturize your face
- Moisturize your eyes
- Hydrate your hair (ends or scalp)
- Condition your cuticles
- Soften your feet
Sometimes during the winter, when it’s especially dry my scalp will flake a bit. I use argan oil to help soothe my scalp and stop the flakes.
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light – $16 .5 oz, $48 1.7 oz, $96 4 oz (vegan)
I love the Josie Maran Argan Oil Light as well. I tend to use it a little differently from the original Argan Oil. During the summer, this is the product that I will mix in with liquid foundations to help them apply better to my dry skin. Argan Oil Light absorbs quickly, but still hydrates deeply. It’s ideal for use under the eyes. It really is one of the best facial oils for dry skin or oily skin because it hydrates without leaving you feeling greasy.
I’ve had many people tell me that you can buy cheaper argan oils on Amazon, but the ones I’ve tried have never felt as good to me as the Josie Maran Argan Oil, which is why I stick with buying it. I did try mixing the Argan Oil Light in with Nyx Total Control Drops foundation, but it wasn’t able to hydrate me enough to deal with that foundation.
Jojoba Company Australian Golden Jojoba Oil – $32 2.9 oz (vegan)
I’ve had several people who have rosacea recommend that I try the Jojoba Company Australian Golden Jojoba Oil. They claim it’s one of the best facial oils for dry skin. Jojoba oil is antioxidant rich, packed with vitamins A,D and E, and very hydrating. You can use it in the same way you use argan oil.
Tarte Maracuja Oil – $15 .5 oz, $48 1.7 oz, $68 3.4 oz
The Tarte Maracuja Oil is another of the best facial oils for dry skin, especially if you’re sensitive to most other oils. It’s made of Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil and Tocopherol. That’s it. I’ve gone through two bottles of this stuff in the past.
Maracuja oil is particularly good at brightening the complexion and hydrating. If you can’t use argan oil, this might be a good alternative for you.
Cover FX F + Neroli Hydrating Oil – $48 .5 oz (vegan)
Cover FX has an entire line of facial oils. F + Neroli is a hydrating blend that combines vitamin F with neroli oil to soothe the skin and moisturize it, making it one of the best facial oils for dry skin that you can find. It also has sodium hyluronate in it. F + Neroli smells so good too, because of the neroli oil in it.
I’m also fond of E + Chamomile, which is good for soothing dry, sensitive skin or rosacea. It’s packed with powerful antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients.
What I’m Doing Right Now
One of the reasons I quit caffeine (about 7 months ago) was for my skin. I also wasn’t sleeping well. I upped my water intake, which has helped my skin out a bit. However, during the Winter, I still struggle with dry patches around the sides of my nose. So here’s what I’ve been doing this week to incorporate some of the best facial oils for dry skin into my daily routine.
In the Morning
- Double Cleanse with Metrin Skincare cleansers.
- Pat Lucy Minerals Ambrosia for Dry Skin all over my face.
- Mix a drop of Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid Booster in with my Josie Maran Argan Oil SPF 47 moisturizer.
- Mix Josie Maran Argan Oil or Argan Oil Light with my liquid foundation if necessary.
In the Evening
- Remove my makeup.
- Apply Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant.
- Apply Holy Snails Shark Sauce Serum.
- Pat Lucy Minerals Ambrosia for Dry Skin all over my face.
- Apply Paula’s Choice Calm Redness Relief for Dry Skin Moisturizer.
What are your picks for the best facial oils for dry skin? If you don’t have dry skin, do you use a facial oil? I’m a big believer in that all skin types can use a facial oil, even oily skin. Make sure you check out the rest of the Makeup Wars Beauty Bloggers, as we have all skin types covered!
More to See