Happy Caturday! Today I’m sharing what’s in Phyrra’s Summer Handbag? with you. The truth is, I switch my handbag pretty often in the summer, but my makeup bag usually stays the same. I use the same small tokidoki pencil bag that I love and I’ve had for years. Pictured above is my favorite purple handbag by Steve Madden. However, I also frequently use my Marc Jacob bags during the summer (see more of my favorites here)
This post contains a mix of press samples and products purchased by me.
I have a lot of makeup bags, but this one is my favorite so I use it more than any other. I really wish they’d come out with a unicorno and mermacorn handbag and makeup bag line!
Inside my tiny makeup bag I actually have a ton of stuff!
- Hair clip
- small bobby pins
- small Urban Decay eyeshadow brush (from the Pulp Fiction Palette)
- Walk of Shame eyeshadow single
- Perfekt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance mini
- Too Faced Lip Insurance mini
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Rainbow
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencil in Hoochie
- Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy mini gloss
- Tokyo Milk Dark Tainted Love
- Cover FX Blemish Treatment Concealer in N-Xtra Light
- Nyx CC Cream Green Light
- Nyx Green Tea Blotting Paper
- bareMinerals Powder brush
- Tarte Finishing Powder in Fair
- Crown tweezers
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate mini
- Urban Decay All Nighter Mini spray
- Rainbow Honey lip balm
- Ocean Potion SPF 45 lip balm
I also keep things in my handbag in addition to my makeup bag.
- Epically Epic multi-purpose solid lotion
- Tokyo Milk Tainted Love solid perfume (from a holiday set)
- Kind Bar (one of the few bars I can eat that I’m not allergic to)
- Kindle Fire
- LeSportSac wallet
I keep Kind Bars or That’s It Fruit bars in my bag so that I have something for a snack in case I need it. Since I’m allergic to soy, I can’t have it be in the first 5 ingredients in a snack bar or I’ll get sick. Most bars have soy, so I avoid them.
I have the hair clip and bobby pins to pull my hair up in case of impromptu pool or hot tub time.
Q-tips are great for blending or erasing mistakes, so they deserve a place in my makeup bag.
Since I have Walk of Shame in my Naked Basics palette I started keeping my eyeshadow single in my to-go bag in case I want it for my eyes. It’s a true ‘no-makeup’ eyeshadow for me.
I’m also a little obsessed with mini sizes of my makeup, which is why I’ve got a mini eyeshadow primer, lip insurance primer, a mini gloss, mini brushes, mini embryolisse, mini setting spray and mini perfumes.
I’ve been experimenting with using the smallest amount possible of Nyx CC Cream Green in Light and then color correcting and setting with a powder. I’ve got Cover FX concealer for when that’s not enough.
Hoochie + Melted Rainbow is my go-to bright lip right now, so it’s living in my makeup bag.
What’s in your summer makeup bag?