Hello, beautiful creatures! I’m sharing my top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022 today! I’ve been on a low buy since the beginning of 2020 and am continuing my low buy through 2023. I’ve been judicious about my purchases because I’m not making very many.
Top 5 Eyeshadow Palettes of 2022 Video
Watch the video on YouTube for Closed Captioning in English!
- Danessa Myricks Lightwork IV Palette
- Melt Cosmetics Gemini II Palette
- Lethal Cosmetics 1UP Palette
- Odens Eye Hela Palette (discontinued)
- Blend Bunny Cosmetics Surge Palette
Blend Bunny Surge Palette
The Blend Bunny Surge Palette is a 30 pan palette that has 18 awesome mattes, 6 shimmers, and 6 neon shades. 4 of the neon shades (yellow, orange, pink and green) are UV reactive, which means they glow under blacklight. I love UV reactive things! The shimmers are a yawn for me but I adore the mattes. The range of matte hues is why I chose it for one of my top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022.
- Flash – Zip It Up
- All Mine – Euphoric – Underneath
- Limitless – Chemistry
- Hint – Alive – Lush
- Pulse – Stay
- Beckon – Covet – Energy
- Rush – Linger
- Chills – Charged – Maybe
- Cheeks – Taboo
- Power – Juicy – Grunge
- Cut Out – White Hot
- Shocked – Locked – Vinyl
Melt Gemini II Palette
The Melt Gemini II eyeshadow palette color story spoke to me. I love reds, peaches, and fun greens, which is why I chose it for one of my top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022. The shimmers don’t do much for me but the mattes are fantastic.
- Bela – Lady Like
- Sweetheart – Gemelas
- Love Sick – LX Queen
- Schmood – Matheo
- Boy Mum – Almond Eyes
- Bela – This light coral matte will brighten up your eyes and your life. Use this shade to diffuse your red tones, for a warm and vibrant eye look with seamless blend.
- Lady Like – Soft, demure peachy beige. She’s the perfect transition shade for any look and can be worn alone for a natural eye.
- Sweetheart – We are sweet on this soft terra cotta matte shadow. Use this lovely tone in your crease with Love Sick shadow on the lid, for a romantic red eye.
- Gemelas – This palette wouldn’t be complete without this rich auburn matte shadow. This muted tone is perfect for deepening the crease.
- Love Sick – Love drunk off this saturated sangria matte shadow. Pack this shade all over the lid for a red smoked eye.
- Shmood – Getting in the feelings over this maroon with a fiery copper shift. Use a synthetic brush to apply this shade in the inner “v” of the eye for a moody metallic eye.
- LX Queen – There’s something so fine about this deep, rich wine eyeshadow. Use this shade to deepen and smoke your outer “v” for a sultry look.
- Matheo – A free spirited mossy green with lime shims. Show off your wild side using this shade. Pack it onto your gel liner before it sets for a daring, glittery graphic eye.
- Boy Mum – Lay down some structure with this smoky olive brown. Apply it onto the lash line like eyeliner to defines the eyes.
- Almond Eyes – It wouldn’t be Gemini II without a cool moss green. Outline the shape of your eyes with this green tone by smudging it into your inner and outer corners, extending outwards to elongate the eye.
Odens Eye x Angelica Nyqvist Hela Palette
I fell in love with the unique color story of the Odens Eye Hela palette. It’s made up of yellows, greens, pinks and plums and I love the exceptional color story, which is why it’s one of my top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022. Unfortunately, this palette has been discontinued.
- Double-Sided – Hellfire
- Fluorescent – Venom
- Golden Bridge – River
- Complete – Soot
- Hela – Goddess
- Rebirth – Underworld
- Moss – Ouroboros
- Wolf – Decay
- Rebirth – matte yellowish matte eyeshadow
- Fluorescence – firefly-like light yellow-green shimmering eyeshadow
- Underworld – ginger matte eyeshadow
- Decay – taupe matte eyeshadow
- Golden Bridge – golden diamond shimmer eyeshadow
- Moss – grayish green matte eyeshadow
- Venom – green diamond shimmer eyeshadow
- Ouroboros – retro dark green matte eyeshadow
- Wolf – matte tannish brown eyeshadow
- Hela – matte baby pink eyeshadow
- Hellfire – pink-orange shimmer, diamond shimmer eyeshadow with sparkles in multiple colors
- Goddess – vintage rose matte eyeshadow
- Double-side – multi-chrome eyeshadow, a unique color with multiple shifts of golden greens and pinks
- River – multicolor diamond shimmer eyeshadow with light purple base tone
- Soot – dark purple brown matte eyeshadow
- Complete – silver diamond shimmer eyeshadow with black base tone
Danessa Myricks Lightwork IV Palette
It’s no secret that I love multichromes. When Mickey used one of the Danessa Myricks Lightwork palettes on me for my gothic wedding in 2022, it went on my wish list. I’m grateful that my husband Dave bought the Lightwork IV palette as an early Yule gift for me.
- Heaven – Paradise
- Awakening – Trance
- Out of Body – Sixth Sense
- Escapism – Zen
- Trippy – Nirvana
- Angels – Divinity
- Intuition – Aura
- Heaven – glimmering mint to pastel chartreuse
- Paradise – glimmering fuchsia to forest green
- Awakening – intense teal to regal amethyst
- Trance – electric sapphire to deep violet
- Out of Body – jade green to peacock blue
- Sixth Sense – pistachio green to cool taupe
- Escapism – electric shamrock to hunter green
- Zen – beetle green to honey bronze
- Trippy – rose gold to pine green
- Nirvana – fiery copper to olive green
- Angels – sparkling diamond
- Divinity – sparkling citrine
- Intuition – brilliant cyan to soft lilac
- Aura – brilliant iris to hazy violet
I love almost every single color in this palette. I can’t figure out the best way to use Angels and Divinity, they’re super crumbly. And I detest trying to use Intuition and Aura. I don’t like the water activated formula at all.
Lethal Cosmetics 1UP Palette
My most used palette of the year is the Lethal Cosmetics 1UP palette, making it number one on my list of top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022. Lethal says that this palette is inspired by the arcades of 1980’s and it features 3 UV reactive neon mattes, 3 classic mattes, 3 trichrome metallics, and 3 duochrome metallics. I love the gorgeous purple, bright pink, teal blue, bright green, bright yellow green, and the fun shimmers. 1UP is a great mix of mattes and shimmers that I love using on my hooded eyes. I especially love Final Boss (that shift is so strong), High Score (petrol blue yes please), Bonus (looks amazing layered on top of everything); I love every single eyeshadow in this palette!
- Bonus – Game Over
- High Score – Avatar
- Split Screen – Final Boss
- Joystick – Combo
- Hit Point – Power Up
- 8-Bit – Insert Coin
- Bonus – sparkly trichrome with mauve/blue/green shift
- Game Over – metallic pink/gold duochrome
- High Score – sparkly petrol blue/green duochrome
- Avatar – metallic emerald green/pink duochrome
- Split Screen – sparkly trichrome with yellow/green/red shift
- Final Boss – metallic trichrome with spring green/blue/pink shift
- Joystick – medium violet matte
- Combo – bubblegum pink neon matte (UV reactive)
- Hit Point – deep indigo blue matte
- Power Up – deep teal matte
- 8-BIT – harlequin green neon matte (UV reactive)
- Insert Coin – lemon yellow neon matte (UV reactive)
Makeup should be fun. Wear bright colors or chic neutrals, whatever makes your heart happy. I’m really enjoying being on a low buy because it gives me more time to enjoy my makeup purchases, rather than feel like I have to rush to the next new thing. I hope you enjoyed me ranking my top 5 palettes of 2022.
What are your top 5 eyeshadow palettes of 2022?
Leave a Reply