The Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundations for Fair Skin
Today I’m sharing the The Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundations for Fair Skin with you. It used to be that I had no hope of finding a color match at the drugstore, so I wouldn’t even bother with wasting my money at the drugstore. I was relegated to having to buy department store foundation if I wanted to have a chance to match my milky complexion. But many brands have stepped up in the drugstore world to not only become cruelty-free (yay), vegan (woot) and cater to the deepest and fairest complexions (yaaas!!!). Below are my picks for the top 10 best cruelty-free drugstore foundations for Fair Skin.
Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundation Swatches on Pale Skin
From Left to Right: IsaDora Fair, Covergirl Fair Porcelain, Covergirl Fair Ivory, Physicians Formula FC1, Nyx Pale, Nyx Pale Light, Colour Pop Fair 5W, Revolution Pro F1, Juvia’s Place Tokyo, Milani Porcelain
About Courtney’s Skin
I’m 41 years old and I have dry sensitive skin with rosacea. Rosacea adds surface redness to my face, and people often confuse my skintone with being cool pink, which it is not. If I try to wear pink foundations they normally turn orange on me, likely because I have cool yellow skin and when you add pink to yellow you get orange. I also have serbhorreic dermatitis that sometimes flares up between my eyebrows and on my scalp. My skintone is a very fair neutral to cool yellow olive, with the yellow being the predominant undertone. Being a cool yellow undertone is why most pale yellow or neutral toned foundations work well on my skintone, and why most pink toned foundations seem to turn me orange.
I match my foundation to my neck and chest, as I want a uniform look between my face, neck, chest, arms and decolletage. Above, I’m wearing the Milani Foundation Stick in Porcelain. See why it’s my pick for the best cruelty-free drugstore foundation under $10, along with the top 11 reasons it’s awesome!
My Current Best Foundation Matches for My Fair Skin
- Milk Makeup Flex Concealer in Porcelain (v) (very fair with neutral undertones)
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation Stick in Porcelain (v) (ivory with warm neutral undertone)
- Milk Makeup Blur Matte Liquid Foundation in Porcelain (v) (very fair with neutral undertones)
- Milk Makeup Flex Foundation Stick in Porcelain (v) (very fair with neutral undertones)
- Idun Minerals Nordic Veil in Jorunn (v) (extra light neutral undertone)
- Smashbox Studio Wear Hydrating Foundation in .1 (v) (very fair neutral)
- Clove + Hallow Liquid Skin Tint in 1 (v)(ultra fair with neutral-golden undertones)
- Nyx Born to Glow Foundation in Pale (v) (white ivory with warm undertone)
- Glo Skin Beauty HD Foundation Stick in Cloud (v) (fair cool)
- Huda Beauty FauxFilter Foundation in Milkshake (v) (ultra fair skin tones with beige undertones)
- Smith & Cult Veiled Threat Foundation in 100N (v) (very fair skin with neutral undertone)
(v) denotes vegan.
Top 10 Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundations for Fair Skin
L to R: IsaDora Fair, Covergirl Fair Porcelain, Covergirl Fair Ivory, Physicians Formula FC1, Nyx Pale, Nyx Pale Light, Colour Pop Fair 5W, Revolution Pro F1, Juvia’s Place Tokyo, Milani Porcelain
- Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation Stick in Porcelain (ivory with warm neutral undertone)(v) (looks yellow peach to me)
- Juvia’s Place Shade Stick in Tokyo (very light skin with neutral undertone) (looks pale neutral to me)
- Revolution Pro Fast Base in F1 (fair skin with neutral undertone) (looks light neutral to me)
- Colour Pop Foundation Stick in Fair 5W (warm foundation with subtle yellow undertones for very fair skintones)(v) (looks very yellow to me)
- Nyx Bare with Me Tinted Skin Veil in Pale Light (ivory with cool undertone) (is very pinky-peach to me)
- Nyx Born to Glow Foundation in Pale (white ivory with warm undertone)(v) (is very yellow to me)
- Physicians Formula the Healthy foundation in FC1 (fair cool 1) (is very light cool peach to me)
- Covergirl Simply Ageless in Fair Ivory (fair ivory) (is cool peach to me)
- Covergirl Trublend in Fair Porcelain (fair porcelain) (is yellow peach to me)
- IsaDora Active 24 Hours All Day Wear Foundation in Fair (fair) (is peach to me)
To be fair, I included the IsaDora because I bought it when I was in Sweden and it was the fairest drugstore brand I could find. It’s definitely not as fair as Idun Minerals, who has a far superior formula and color range than IsaDora and I definitely recommend the Idun Nordic Veil Foundation over IsaDora.
Looking for more pale foundation swatches? See all of my fair foundation swatches here!
The shade descriptions for each foundation is included above, and that’s the description from the brand on the colors. I also included my thoughts on what I see with the colors on my skintone.
I hope you find my guide to the Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Foundations for Fair Skin helpful!