Last year I fell in love with Supergoop! Antioxidant – Infused Sunscreen Day Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+. I thought I had already reviewed it, as I know I mentioned it in my Best and Worst Skincare Products of 2012 video. This is a product that I’ve repurchased 3 times so far.
The Websites Says
Supergoop! is an antioxidant-rich sunscreen cream that protects against UV rays. Protect your face from harmful UVA and UVB rays with this sunscreen cream, featuring the super antioxidant, anti-inflammatory olive oil polyphenols combined with pomegranate and green tea extracts, infused into a hypoallergenic mineral SPF that will not irritate the skin. It provides 80 minutes of water resistance and a powerful layer of protection against UV radiation and environmental damage, leaving behind nothing but a shine-free, healthy, and protected face.
- *Rich in anti-inflammatory olive oil polyphenols reduces redness and irritation from Rosacea and improves skin elasticity with each application.
- *Forms a physical barrier against damaging sun rays to the body’s delicate skin.
- *All of the benefits of the SPF 40 Day Cream but with added water-resistance for days at the pool or beach (80 minutes). Safe for infants, 4 months and up
- *This product is for very sensitive, fair and light skin only and leaves a slightly white cast on the skin.
- *Loaded with super antioxidant, anti-inflammatory olive oil polyphenols combined with pomegranate and green tea extracts, infused into a hypoallergenic mineral SPF that will not irritate even the most sensitive skin types.
$37 for 2.4 oz Supergoop! is cruelty-free.
Does it live up to its claims?
For me, yes! If you were to ask me to create my perfect sunscreen, it would have an SPF of 40 or higher, be loaded with antioxidants, have a physical sunblock element, be able to control my oily t-zone and eyes, and not irritate my eyes or skin. Supergoop! is my perfect sunscreen during the warmer months. During the cooler months, it’s slightly too drying on my combination skin, but I can fix that by mixing with another sunscreen. It’s perfect during the hot, humid times of both Florida and the Midwest for me.
I was pleasantly surprised recently when I researched online and found out that this specific Supergoop! product was formulated with people with my skintype in mind (sensitive, rosacea). If you have sensitive skin, you should check this out! I believe Sephora will give you a sample of any product, so you can ‘try before you buy’.
When it warms up again in Florida, this is the moisturizer I’ll be reaching for. I love it.
What’s your perfect moisturizer with SPF?