It’s a Makeup Wars Monday! Today I’m sharing some Spring Makeup Inspiration with you. I’ve got mostly new products mixed with some of my tried and true favorites. I’ve swatched it all for you, too! All products are cruelty free and many are vegan.
Spring Makeup Inspiration
This post contains a mix of press samples and products purchased by me.
Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Trios and LE Palette – $25 & $35
While I don’t have my review finished on the Honest Beauty eyeshadows, I just HAD to share swatches with you. Honest Beauty launched in February of this year at Ulta, and I bought every single one of their eyeshadow palettes to review. Most of the shades are good, a few have to be built up. The Ocean Blue palette is my favorite. All swatches are on primer. Honest Beauty products are made without parabens, paraffins, silicones, sodium lauryl sulfates, petrolatum, mineral oil, talc, or synthetic fragrances.
- Heather Mauve – dusty mauve, deep plum, shimmer shell pink
- Ocean Blue – iridescent teal, navy blue, silver shimmer
- Sable Brown – soft stone, light bronze, vanilla cream
- Smoky Greys – slate grey, soft black, taupe shimmer
- Soft Sand – neutral brown, rich espresso, and champagne shimmer
- Forest Green – iridescent blue-green, moss green, khaki shimmer
- Everything Makeup – Charcoal Shimmer, Pewter Shimmer, Everyday Canvas, Champagne Shimmer, Bronze Shimmer, Truly Thrilling creme blush, Mulberry Kiss, Honey Kiss lip colors
The Forest Green trio was the worst performing of all the eyeshadows, which surprised me. Ocean Blue and Soft Sand are the best, in my opinion.
Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighters and Blushes – $26
I wanted to share some favorite new blush and highlighter combos with Urban Decay. The ONLY highlighters that I’ve been wearing since they came out have been the UD Afterglow highlighters. Aura is the one I reach for the most but Sin is also lovely. (See UD Summer 2016 or check out my visit to UD’s Headquarters)
- Aura (highlighter) – iridescent light pink
- X-Rated – medium pink
- Obsessed – light pink
- Quickie – bright blue pink
- Sin (highlighter) – champagne
- Score – pinky peach with gold shimmer
- Fireball (highlighter that I wear as blush) – peach with pink shift
- Kinky – light peach with gold shimmer
I’ve got several shades from mild to wild to share with you, mostly from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. So you should see a shade or two to fall in love with! As always I highly recommend using a lip pencil under your lipstick. I primarily use OCC Colour Pencils, Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencils or Colour Pop Lippie Pencils.
- Notoriously Morbid Oleander ($12) – a vivid, warm pink with gold shimmer. (try UD Native or Obsessed)
- Life’s Entropy Orbital ($8) – a dark metallic navy blue. (v) (try Colour Pop Petit Four)
- Urban Decay Menace ($22) – fuchsia pink matte (try UD Firebird or Bittersweet)
- Too Faced Pitch Perfect ($22) – fuchsia berry matte (try OCC Hoochie or UD Bittersweet)
- Too Faced Unicorn ($21) – rich red-toned purple matte (try OCC Hoochie or UD Bittersweet)
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears ($22) – sheer purple base with blue iridescence (try Colour Pop Brills)
- Nudestix Belle ($24) – pink nude matte
- Tarte Yaassss ($20) – lavender purple matte (v) (try Colour Pop Brills or UD Bittersweet)
- Tarte Adorbs ($20) – hot pink matte (v) (try OCC Anime or UD Firebird)
- OCC Rime ($16) – pale turquoise with gold shimmer (v) (try Colour Pop Petit Four or OCC Pool Boy)
- OCC Indrid ($16) – opalescent grey with pink duochrome (v) (try OCC Lydia)
- OCC Magnolia ($16) – warm blush pink matte (v) (try UD Native)
- OCC Wasabi ($16) – opaque bright chartreuse matte (v) (try OCC Feathered)
- OCC Lily ($16) – true lavender matte (v) (try Colour Pop Brills)
- OCC Artifact ($16) – bronze with metallic copper pearl (v) (try OCC Pennyroyal)
- Colour Pop Marshmallow ($6) – greyed out lavender (v) (try Colour Pop Marshmallow or Petit Four)
Too Faced Unicorn Tears is fun. It’s a color that’s really meant for layering. I will be experimenting with it but I had to share a few examples of it layered on top of swatches.
I updated my hair to hot pink for spring (you can see the details here). I’m embracing full on brights between my lips and my hair. The smoky grey eyeshadow works perfectly with just about any of the lipstick colors shown here, and I think they set off my eyes nicely.
What do you think about this Spring makeup inspration? What are your favorites? Let me know below!
More to See
- Kat Von D Hits & Misses
- The Blush Tag (swatches of everything!)
- Urban Decay Color Corrector in Mint (corrects redness)
- 10 Life Changing Beauty Hacks
More from my site
Last Updated on