Recently I had the opportunity to try the MyChelle Dermaceuticals Apple Brightening Serum. This serum is supposed to improve skintone, brighten the face, reduce the signs of hyperpigmentation and skin discoloration caused by UVA and UVB rays. Let’s find out how it worked for me.
MyChelle Dermaceuticals Apple Brightening Serum Review
About Apple Brightening Serum
Advanced formula combines clinically proven ingredients to rapidly diminish the appearance of discoloration and sun-damage. Apple Plant Stem Cells trigger skin’s natural regenerative process while reducing line depth up to 15% in just 4 weeks. Breakthrough peptide Melanostatine®5 interrupts the reaction that causes hyperpigmentation to deliver a 33% improvement in skin’s tone and clarity.
- Niacinamide (B3) – Improves oxygenation and ingredient absorption by stimulant actions that increase circulation and detoxification processes, assists in the utilization of B vitamins.
- Nonapeptide-1 (Melanostatine®5) – Biomimetic peptide (mimics body’s natural response) shown to reduce hyperpigmentation by preventing activation of tyrosinase and blocking melanin synthesis.
- Malus Domestica (Apple) Fruit Cell Culture (PhytoCellTec™) – Revolutionary break through ingredient in skin care to stop chronological aging. First topical product to protect human skin stem cells and delay natural aging process by maintaining the activity of skin stem cells. Triggers the skin’s cell potential for infinite regeneration while reducing wrinkle depth.
- Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (Applephenon™) – Shown to contain ten times the level of polyphenol found in ripe apples. Maintains youthful skin, rich in malic acid which refines and rejuvenates the skin, inhibits elastase (an enzyme that breaks down elastin protein) known to maintain healthy elastin fibers.
$46.25 for 1 oz
Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Aqua (Water), Glycer in (Vegetable), Niacinamide (B3), Pyrust Malus (Apple) Fruit, Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Alcohol Denatured (Grain), Nonapeptide-1 (Melanostatine®5), Dextran (Plant), Rumex Occidentalis Extract (Yellow Dock), Malus Domestica (Apple) Fruit Cell Culture (PhytoCellTec™), Malic Acid (L) (Apple), Ascorbic Acid (L), Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract (Applephenon™), Gallic Acid (Plant), Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem Leaf) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum (Giant Knotweed/Resveratrol) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Red Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Leci thin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum (Natural), Phytic Acid (Rice), Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar)
I’m always looking for a good skin brightening serum. I really want to have the hyperpigmentation on my face faded, which is why I’ve done professional peels and tried all different kinds of products to fade spots, with very little success.
This comes in pump packaging, which is great because it’s easy to get out the right amount of product so you don’t end up with too much. The serum itself is brown and it smells slightly of apples. It does leave a slight brown tint to your skin until you next wash it. You can mix it with other serums or layer other serums with it.
This serum did not irritate my sensitive skin. It did not do anything to visibly fade the hyperpigmentation on my face, but it did brighten my complexion. Now, usually with products that are supposed to fade hyperpigmentation, you have to use it for weeks to months to see results, and you need to use SPF to prevent any further hyperpigmentation. I’ve been using it for 3 weeks, so it may just be that I haven’t used it long enough yet.
While I like the brightening effect, I don’t feel it faded my hyperpigmentation. And for the price, I think it’s expensive for not living up to all of its claims. It may do better if used with the entire MyChelle brightening line.
- Pump packaging
- Cruelty free
- Gluten free
- Brightens the complexion
- Didn’t visibly fade my hyperpigmentation
What’s your favorite product to fade hyperpigmentation?