How to Make Your Eyelash Extensions Last
Hey friends, welcome back! Today I’m talking about how to make your eyelash extensions last. I’ve started wearing eyelash extensions again for a few different reasons. One of the biggest reasons I’ve started wearing them again is that I always feel like I wake up and look gorgeous with eyelash extensions. They’re also excellent for me when I travel. I can get away with wearing only 2 makeup products if I’m in a hurry – foundation and lipstick – if I have my eyelash extensions.
I get a lot of questions about how to make eyelash extensions last because this is a luxury spa service. It’s pricey! So I’ve compiled my top 9 tips on how to make your eyelash extensions last.
- For the first 3 days (counting the installation day), don’t get them wet or wear makeup near them.
- For the first night, try sleeping on your back to avoid bending the lashes.
- Brush them gently every morning to detangle them.
- Avoid heat treatments like steam rooms, saunas, sun beds, hot tubs, and even super steamy showers.
- Don’t use oil-based eye makeup removers like coconut oil or olive oil.
- Waterproof makeup products are also a no no.
- Wear minimal eye makeup with extensions.
- Carefully clean them with oil-free micellar water or oil-free makeup wipes.
- Consider a hybrid or volume eyelash extension fill.
Your eyelash extensions can last up to 50 days, which is the same amount of time as your natural lashes. However, I recommend getting them filled every 3 to 4 weeks. I prefer to get mine filled every 3 weeks, but that’s also because I take a lot of photos of my eyes for my blog.
I personally love getting a hybrid volume lash fill. Thisha applies volume lashes to most of my eyes and then uses classic lashes at the inner 1/4 of my eyes. The benefit of this is that even when one falls out, my lashes still look nice and full. Plus, because my eyes are sensitive, the classic lashes at the inner part of my eye is better for when my allergies are bad.
If you’re in Tampa, I highly recommend seeing Thisha! Thisha is amazing. She owns Polished Lash Spa. You can book with her here!
I love how eyelash extensions look on my hooded eyes. I feel like they immediately make me look more awake and they certainly make me happy. I’m happy I’ve figured out how to make eyelash extensions last! What are your tricks with extensions? Let me know!
Need to know more? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Eyelash Extensions!
More from my site
Last Updated on