I wanted to share my cruelty free Fall makeup essentials with you. We’re actually in the middle of Fall, despite department stores trying to push Christmas on us since September. Fall officially started on September 23 (and Winter starts on Dec. 21).
Cruelty Free Fall Makeup Essentials
This post contains a mix of press samples and products purchased by me.
Whether you like barely-there to full coverage, a good base is a must have. Some makeup artists recommend switching to powder in the Winter, but I say stick with what you love. The Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation is generally recommended for oily skin, the CFX Liquid Foundation is for all skin types, and the CFX Custom Cover Drops can be mixed with all different types of skincare products to perfectly match your skin’s needs. Try it the way I wear it; add 1 drop of Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid. The Too Faced Born This Way is supposed to be good for all skin types, though if you lean oily I would recommend a primer and a setting spray.
If you’re looking for new foundation favorites, check out my top ten foundations! What I’m currently wearing
- Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation (v)
- Cover FX Liquid Foundation (v)
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation mixed 1 drop of Life’s Entropy White Elixir (v)
- Cover FX Custom Cover Drops mixed with 1 drop of Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid Booster, 1 drop of Life’s Entropy White Elixir and Illuminating Primer (v)
If you find your skin is on the dry side during the cooler weather, adding a drop of hyaluronic acid booster to your skincare or your foundation will really help out. Hyaluronic acid booster boosts hydration and helps prevent moisture loss.
I really adore purples, berries, and plums for this time of year, though reds and nudes can be flattering too. Below are my current favorites. (see me wearing the Urban Decay Afterglow blushes and check out the Femme Fatale blushes)
- Urban Decay Bittersweet – matte purple
- Femme Fatale Creeping Coffin – midtone purple with golden duochrome (v)
- Urban Decay Rapture – midtone mauve nude
- Illamasqua Thrust – magenta
- Urban Decay Quiver – red
- Urban Decay Video – peachy nude brown
- Femme Fatale Autumn Luck – beigey-coral with subtle copper duochrome
- Tarina Tarantino Neopolitan Lane – muted pink beige
- Illamasqua Naked Rose – beige pink
Lately I’ve been trying to do my brows as quick and easy as possible. Brow stencils make it super easy. I’ve been switching between the Too Faced Brow Stencils and the Senna Cosmetics one I picked up a while ago. The Nudestix Eyebrow Stylus in Brown Black has seriously become my favorite brow product because it gives me nice, natural brows.
- Nudestix Eyebrow Stylus Pencil & Gel
- Senna Cosmetics Brow Stencils
- Too Faced Brow Stencils
I do miss my lash extensions but my mascara is getting me through. I’m rotating through these three right now. I think I need to find a lash enhancer and give them a try again.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
- Physicians Formula Sexy Boost Cat Eyes Mascara
- tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
In dry weather, my lips really suffer, so if I’m not wearing a lipstick, I’m always wearing my lip masks. Nothing else moisturizes my lips the way the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Masks do. I reach for an Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour pencil, such as Lydia, Sebastian, NSFW or Black Dahlia.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Masks – Smashed and Champagne
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencils (v)
While I could never limit myself to one eyeshadow palette (and you’ve seen my eyeshadow hoard, which has only grown in the past year), I know most of my friends prefer to reach for one or two palettes on a daily basis. Here are my current palette recommendations.
- Urban Decay Vice 4 – this palette has really grown on me and it has a great mix of colors and neutrals. (if the Spectrum palette was out I would recommend that!)
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky – a mix of bronzes, greys, browns and taupes.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics – still a favorite. Walk of Shame is my favorite base shade.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons – this palette looks like it’s a good mix of cool hues, pink and purples, taupes and neutrals.
- Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar – a mix of warm caramels, deep mochas, and bronzey hues.
- Saucebox Creme de la Creme – metallics
- Viseart Bright Editorial – rainbow hues
- Sugarpill Burning Heart – bright red, orange, yellow and purple
- Saucebox Forbidden Fruits – pinks and purples
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made – pinks, mauves, and neutrals
My eyeshadow singles get more attention than my eyeshadow palettes, since I love duochromes and other complex shades.
- Makeup Geek Duochromes – there are so many beautiful shades. (see my review)
- Fyrinnae Eyeshadows – tons of variety, all vegan.
- Darling Girl Eyeshadows – I adore Darling Girl, especially the Ghoul School collection I helped create and the Who Ya Gonna Call? collection.
- Saucebox Singles – new shades are launching Black Friday! I can’t wait to see!
- Meow Eyeshdows – their Halloween shades are my favorite, especially the Friday the 13th and Dark Dreams.
- Silk Naturals Eyeshadows – they have some great mattes, beautiful prism shades, and more. (almost all vegan)
- Hello Waffle Eyeshadows – their Greek Gods and Goddesses collection is pretty and their upcoming Black Friday release looks great.
- Aromaleigh Eyeshadows – I loved the Fatalis collection and the upcoming Galactic: Mission 2 collection looks great.
- Notoriously Morbid Eyeshadows – they have gorgeous duochromes and even some pressure sensitive shades
As you can tell, I have an eyeshadow obsession, though lately I’ve been perfecting my skincare and lip routines!
What are your makeup essentials for Fall?