Best Travel Beauty Products
Today I’m sharing the best travel beauty products and they’re all cruelty-free! When I travel, I like to pick items that can multitask or have a lot of versatility for me, for both skincare and makeup.
PR + purchased by me.
Best Travel Beauty Products – Skincare
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid – this really helps to add extra moisture to my dry sensitive skin. People have recently recommended that I try using it on my lips as well.
- BeeFriendly Face & Eye Cream – I use this all over my face, eyes, neck, decollete, and hands at night. It’s perfect to perk up my skin after travel.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne – I love this golden pink pearl tint for hydrating my lips. It also works on top of a lip pencil for a simple neutral lip look.
- Emme Diane Gentle Cleanser – I always need a gentle cleanser for my sensitive skin.
- Dr. Paw Paw Multipurpose Balm – This lives in my bag and has to come everywhere. It’s helpful for dry cuticles, dry lips, and my dry spots by the side of my nose.
- Urban Decay Meltdown Makeup Remover Dissolving Spray – this is perfect for travel because it works on both the face and eyes to remove all traces of makeup.
- Kopari Coconut Face Cream – I love this daytime moisturizer and I use it before I put on SPF to hydrate my skin.
- Emme Diane Illuminating Tinted SPF 58 – I love this sunscreen! It also helps to minimize some of my redness from rosacea.
I’m really proud of the fact that I can travel with less than 10 skincare products. I used to need double this amount!
Best Travel Beauty Products – Makeup
- UD Naked Ultimate Basics – This has all the neutral shades I’ll need.
- GlamTech Palette – I fill this with Makeup Geek, Sugarpill, and Colour Pop eyeshadow singles that I think I’ll need, usually duochrome colors. Sometimes I will just travel with a GlamTech palette.
- Colorescience Total Eye 3-in- 1 Renewal Therapy SPF 35 Primer – This functions as an SPF, eye cream, eye primer and color corrector for dark circles.
- Milani Prep Set Go Translucent Powder – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer and make it easier to blend eyeshadows.
- Urban Decay 24/7 lip pencils – 69 (red), Frenemy (hot pink), Hex (wine), Rush (mauve), Double Team (light pink).
- Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks – Frenemy (hot pink), Doubt (cool red), Violate (my MLBB color), Conspiracy (plum with gold shift). This covers most of my moods.
- Sugarpill Kim Chi & Strange Love Liquid Lipsticks – In case I need extra longevity in my lipsticks, though I usually do well with applying a lip pencil, then lipstick.
- Urban Decay Rapture & Score blush – Rapture covers cool toned looks and Score covers warm toned looks. They’re the only two blushes I really need for travel.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – This is both my primer and what I mix into Nordic Veil to make it sheerer.
- Idun Minerals Nordic Veil Foundation in Jorunn – The best foundation for my skin. I love it!
- Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten in Porcelain – I use Balance-n-Brighten to set my foundation. It can also be worn on its own sheerly.
- UD All Nighter Spray – This helps my makeup to last all day.
- Glamour Doll Eyes Skeletina – I love using this to contour.
- Makeup Geek Celestial highlight – The best highlighter for my skintone. I love it so much.
- Urban Decay Walk of Shame pencil – For a nude waterline.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – My go-to mascara.
- Queen of the Fill Brow Gel in Black – This is really good! I use this to style my eyebrows and then fill in missing spots with my pencil.
- Colour Pop Jet Set Black Brow Pencil – The best brow pencil for me!
- Kat Von D Trooper Liquid Liner – Black eyeliner is a classic.
- Marc Jacobs Blacquer 42 Eyeliner – To tightline my eyes.
Best Travel Beauty Products – Tools
- Small Travel Silicone Containers – You can put any sort of skincare or foundation product in these little guys.
- Urban Decay Brush Case – I pack my brushes into this case, which also doubles as a brush cup.
- SimpleHuman 8″ Makeup Mirror – Ray bought this for me one year for Christmas and I always travel with it because it gives me good light for makeup application. Most hotel rooms have terrible light and it’s a necessity. However, here’s a different, less expensive mirror that may be good for travel too.
- Urban Decay Pro Brushes & Sigma Eye Brushes – Without my brushes, I’d be bare!
I’m a notorious overpacker so I’ve been working at packing less when I travel. Some things I just can’t live without, such as my makeup mirror and brushes. These days I try to never pack more than 2 eyeshadow palettes, usually the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette along with some of my favorite eyeshadow singles that are duochromes like Makeup Geek Kaleidoscope, Sorcery and some of the grey shades. When I travel is not the time for me to experiment with makeup, which is why I love to stick to my tried and true eyeshadow favorites.
With lipsticks, I go for a MLBB (my lips but better), a power red, a hot pink, and sometimes a golden plum shade. If I’m in a hurry I will wear bold lips and minimal makeup elsewhere. If I’m trying to be super minimal with what I pack I will just pack Violate and Doubt, because a MLBB lip is easy to throw on in any situation and a red lip is classic and timeless. Having different lip pencils also helps to expand my color options because I always wear lip pencils under lipsticks. It increased the wear time and lets you further customize your shade.
I always want to have flawless looking skin and hide my redness from rosacea, so I make sure to pack very hydrating, nourishing skincare and my favorite foundation. I find that flying will often leave my skin feeling dry once I’m off the plane, so I always like to cleanse and then put my night cream on as a mask for about 20 minutes and let it sink in, then I can cleanse again and put on SPF and be ready for makeup.
I find that traveling with a warm toned and cool toned blush makes the most sense for me. The subtle shimmer in Rapture is so gorgeous. Score has a bit more shimmer, but really perks up my complexion.
Be sure to check out what the other Makeup Wars bloggers love for travel![inlinkz_linkup id=745234 mode=1]