Today is the first official day of Fall! I’ve got a One Brand Drugstore Tutorial Nyx Cosmetics to share with you. Yes, you can shop cruelty free at the drugstore with Nyx and they’re very affordable. They also have some great dupes for higher end products! I love their lip products, brow products, and now their base products. Their white foundation mixer is extremely helpful for me, since it allows me to lighten base products that would be too dark for my skintone.
One Brand Drugstore Tutorial Nyx Cosmetics
Nyx purchased by me. Silk Naturals press sample.
Hair Style Change
You may have noticed that I changed my hair from Pravana black and teal. It’s still Pravana, but it’s a blackened red at the top that changes into a brighter red towards the bottom. You better believe I ordered some oVertone Go Deep Intense Red hair mask to help me maintain this beautiful color!
One Brand Drugstore Tutorial Nyx Cosmetics Video
If you like this video, please share it!
What I’m Wearing
- Nyx Proof It Eyeshadow Primer
- Nyx Bossy Quad (peachy beige matte) – lid and hood
- Nyx Magnetic (peachy pink with gold sparkle) – lid
- Nyx First Base Primer Spray (used to apply Magnetic)
- Nyx Sex Bomb (light taupe matte) – lower lid
- Nyx Bossy Quad (grey pearl) – outer upper lash line and roots of lower lashes
- Silk Naturals Holo Back – inner corner & under brows
- Nyx Microbrow Pencil in Black
- Nyx Illuminating Primer
- Nyx HD foundation in Nude
- Nyx Ombre Blush in Sweet Spring
- Nyx #Nofilter in Alabaster
- Nyx Bright Idea in Lavender Lust
- Silk Naturals Holo Back – on top of Lavender Lust
- Nyx Plush Gel lipstick in Nude Beach
The Dupe List
- Nyx Microbrow Pencil is a dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Nyx HD Studio Foundation is a cruelty free dupe for the high end Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation
- Nyx #NoFilter Finishing powder is a cruelty free dupe for MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder
- Nyx Dewy Setting Spray is a dupe for the Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray
I really like the HD Studio Foundation and #NoFilter Finishing powder. I think they worked great. I’ll be doing a wear test with the HD Studio Foundation soon. I also really like the lip products. I’m sure you already know that I love the Micro Brow pencil because I’ve used it so frequently the past few years.
As I mentioned in the video, I really had a difficult time with the eyeshadows. I’ve got 3 Nyx palettes currently (Bossy, Sex Bomb and Avant Pop Art Throb) and I didn’t like how any of them performed for me. I had 2 failed eyeshadow tutorial attempts before finally going for a super simple look. I just could not get good color payoff, even when wet. It was disappointing.
I’m loving my new blackened red hair. It’s such a nice change from the black and teal. Christian used a mix of Pravana Permanent reds and then layered some Pravana Vivids on top to add more dimension. I think it’s gorgeous for Fall.
Let me know what you think of the new hair and the tutorial!
More to See
- Cruelty Free MAC Eyeshadow Dupes
- Beauty Splurge vs Steal
- Too Faced Sweet Peach vs. Silk Naturals Plenty of Peaches
- Best Gothic Makeup Brands
You May Also Enjoy
Last Updated on