Is Morphe Cruelty Free?
Is Morphe Cruelty Free? When I contacted them in 2015 Morphe told me:
Thank you for your email.
Our products are cruelty-free and we also do carry some vegan brushes.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. We appreciate your patience. ”
When they were contacted recently with the new set of questions:
- Is your beauty product cruelty free?
- Are the finished products tested on animals by the company, a parent company, a third party or an affiliate company?
- Are the products tested on animals during the production process by the company, a parent company, a third party or an affiliate company?
- Do you have documents from your ingredient suppliers to show that they are not testing on animals for your brand or any other brand?
- Does your manufacturer purchase any ingredients from laboratories that conduct tests on animals? Do you have documents to support this?
- Are the products sold in any markets where animal testing is required by local law and regulations (China, etc)?
- Are the products vegetarian? (no animals killed for the products – i.e. some forms of collagen, squalane, etc.)
- Are the products vegan? (i.e. product ingredients that come from animals like lanolin, honey, milk, etc. – being vegan is NOT necessary for my blog, but a bonus for my vegan readers)
- Is your company certified by Leaping Bunny?
They refused to answer the questions. So no, I do not believe Morphe is cruelty free. I will not buy from them. I do not trust them.
Edit: August 19, 2018 – I reached out to Morphe again.
Here’s their response:
Thank you for reaching out to us about such an important topic. We are happy to say that we do not test any of our products on animals. We do not condone animal use for cosmetic testing.
We can assure you that all-natural materials harvested for manufacturing is done so in a cruelty free manner, this also includes the companies that supply us manufacturing materials as well.
Let us know if you have any other questions. We are happy to help anytime.
Have a beautiful day,
I reached out with the same questions, asking for Morphe to answer each question individually. I asked that if the person I was speaking to did not know the answers to please put me in contact with someone higher up who did.
I haven’t received a response back.
Morphe is still grey area to me. I will not buy from them because they will not give me anything other than a form letter response.
You May Also Enjoy
Last Updated on