Recently I participated in the Illamasqua Lust Have Event on Twitter. I tweeted that I was lusting after Skin Base in Au and Burst eyeshadow. Illamasqua contacted me and said I’d won the Skinbase in Au.
AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TALC, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, MICA, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CYCLOMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE,PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77002 (ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE)].
£25.00 / $39.68 (if ordered from Illamasqua.com), $42 if ordered from Sephora.com
Skin Base is the ultimate ‘skin realism’ foundation and provides a medium coverage. For a flawless finish Illamasqua recommends to apply Skin Base with the Foundation Brush or Highlighter Brush for buffing and is versatile enough to apply with your fingers. It also works beautifully as a liquid concealer, highlighter and contour.
Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au.
- Glisten in the glory of your Golden Goddess Alter Ego
- Use to create a neutral sculpted and sunkissed complexion
- Can be used as a tan neutral blush or bronze effect
- Beautiful golden caramel highlight for Asian and Black Beauty tones
- Use it directly on your skin or add it to moisturizer, primer, sunscreen or body lotion to give skin a radiant, healthy appearance.
- Use as an eyelid base and create a dramatic look with the Neutral Eye Shadow Palette
- Based upon Skin Base Foundation 11 with added golden shimmer
- Can be buffed into the skin with Illamasqua highlighting brush and worn under or over Skin Base Foundation
- Try mixing with your other foundations to add durability and a warm golden shimmer
Au is a limited edition skin base in golden metallic shimmer.
I believe if I were going to match my skintone that I would probably wear a 3 (yellow undertones) or a 4 (neutral mix of yellow and pink) in the Skinbase.
Honestly, I had no idea if Au would even work on my skintone as I was afraid it might be too dark. It actually looks like it gives me a bit of a bronzer effect with golden sheen. Of course, I applied the TINIEST dot to my hand, blended it out and it covered a huge amount of skin.
I’ll be doing a proper wear and review on this, but I wanted to show you swatches of it.
What do you think of Illamasqua Au? How would you wear it?
Product was won during a Twitter contest. All opinions are my own.