Today I’m happy to share the Too Faced A La Mode Eyes Palette with you. It’s from the Too Faced Summer 2014 collection. I’ve also got five tutorials for you with this palette. Let’s take a closer look!
Too Faced A La Mode Eyes Palette Review
About the A La Mode Eyes
Ooh la la! Capture a summer sunset in St. Tropez with coral, golden pink and fiery copper hues. Indulge in nine shadows that play well together or look fantastic alone to create bright, fresh eyes a la mode. Includes Too Faced’s signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.
- Rich pigments: Exclusive true color, pure pigmented eye shadows offer true color payoff.
- Blendable: Luxurious, silky smooth formula blends effortlessly for an airbrushed effect.
- Portable: All the shades you need in an easy-to-carry, compact purse-size palette.
TooFaced.com, Ulta, later at Sephora.com
Cannes, Cote d’Azur, De la Mer, Soleil: Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Polyethylene, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Copolymer. May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77540).
St. Tropez: Mica, Talc, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyethylene, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Jardin, La Croisette, Monaco, Riviera: Mica, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Ethylene/Acrylic Copolymer. May Contain: Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
All eyeshadows are swatched on eyeshadow primer.
Day Look Swatches
pale creamy beige with gold shimmer and sparkle
light peachy champagne with golden pearl
coral pink with golden iridescence pearl
chocolate brown pearl
creamy white pearl
bright fuchsia pink with pink-violet iridescence
De La Mer
deep shimmering navy on a blackened base
The Too Faced A La Mode Eyes Palette comes with 3 look tutorials. I recreated those tutorials below, plus 2 of my own.
Day Look Tutorial
- Apply St. Tropez from crease to brows
- Press Cannes into lid
- Blend Soleil into the crease and upper and lower lashes
Classic Look Tutorial
- Apply Riviera from lashline to brows
- Blend Jardin into the lid and the crease
- Line the upper and lower lashline with Cote d’Azur
Fashion Look Tutorial
- Press La Croisette from crease to brow
- Blend Monaco onto the lid and above and beyond the lashline
- Create a cat eye liner using De La Mer
- Apply Riviera from lashline to eyebrows and lower lid
- Blend Jardin on the inner 3/4 of lid and inner crease
- Blend Apply Monaco outer lid and outer crease
- Apply Pink liquid liner at the upper lash line, De La Mer at the outer lower id, and then blend St Tropez from the inner corner to the outer lower lid
- Highlight under brows and at inner corner with St. Tropez. Add mascara
My Jardin in Monaco Tutorial. See more here.
Overall, I LOVE this palette! It’s so pretty! However, I wish it didn’t have 2 browns. I wish one of those browns was a teal blue, or a gold. Or hey, that the brown was a matte for contouring like Salted Caramel from the Chocolate Bar Palette. The eyeshadows themselves have great textures and finishes. They’re easy to work with. I think the palette is a great value for the price.
What do you think of the Too Faced A La Mode Eyes Palette? Which tutorial is your favorite?
- Gorgeous summer shades
- Great pigmentation, texture and blendability
- Great value
- Cruelty free
- 2 browns in one palette, take that into consideration if you don’t like browns
- no mattes
More from my site
Last Updated on