I found this recipe on Pinterest for Blueberry Cheesecake cookies. It was originally from the Inspiration Cafe.
Ingredients I Used:
2 boxes of Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix
4 oz of Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 stick of Smart Balance® Buttery Sticks made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
1/3 cup of egg whites
12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
1. Mix together the buttery sticks, cream cheese and brown sugar with a handmixer.
2. Pour in the egg whites and blend.
3. Add the muffin mixes into the butter mixture.
4. Mix in the white chocolate chips.
5. I put the cookie dough mixture into the refrigerator for an hour and a half.
6. Preheat oven to 325. My oven is a convection oven, so while I put in 325, it ended up settling for 300.
7. My cookies required 15 minutes of baking. I ended up with about 30 cookies.
They were so tasty that I have none left today. My friend T came over and had some, and she brought some home for her husband and children. Between my household and hers, they’re all gone!
I’m beginning to think that chilling cookie dough before you make the cookies is a necessity for good cookies. If I make these again, I’ll cut the white chocolate chips in half and put in dark chocolate as well. I think 8oz of chips is actually probably enough. 12 oz was overkill.
I’m not sure how easy it would be to veganize this recipe. How would you change it or modify it? This is a fairly low cholesterol recipe.