Happy Monday Morning! I have no idea why I decided to name this look Clawdeen’s Ruby, other than I’ve been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS Aqua and collecting rupees. I used Virus Insanity Clawdeen as the central eyeshadow in this look. Clawdeen is a shimmery medium brown with iridescence that shifts from green to gold to purple. It’s versatile and lovely. I’m not even a brown eyeshadow fan and I love this color. It’s anything but boring.
How to Achieve the Look
1. Apply VIE Clawdeen on the middle of the lid.
2. Use Silk Naturals Caliber at the inner v.
3. Apply Urban Decay Walk of Shame onto the browbone and upper crease. Then blend Silk Naturals Scout into the crease and outer corner of the lid.
4. Deepen the outer lid and outer crease with Fyrinnae Daemon’s Tail.
5. Smudge Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow into the lower lash line.
6. Line the upper and lower waterline with NARS Via Veneto. Then apply Sugarpill Bulletproof along both sides of the base of the lashes on the upper lashes.
7. Apply Mascara. Highlight at the inner corner and under the brows with Silk Naturals Sonic.
Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Virus Insanity Clawdeen – lid
Silk Naturals Caliber – inner v
Urban Decay Walk of Shame – browbone and upper crease
Silk Naturals Scout – crease and outer lid
Fyrinnae Daemon’s Tail (try subbing Anastasia Strut from the Catwalk palette) – outer crease and outer lid
Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow – lower lash line
Silk Naturals Sonic – highlight
NARS Larger than Life Via Veneto liner – upper and lower waterline
Sugarpill Bulletproof – upper lashes
Anastasia Lash Genius
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
NARS Brow Perfector in Suriname – to define brows
NARS Brow Gel in Oural
It Cosmetics It’s Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF 50 in Fair
tarte Captivated – lightly as base blush shade
NARS Desire – blush
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip pencil in Anarchy
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy
I really like how the It Cosmetics It’s Your Skin But Better CC Cream looks on me. Fair is a pretty good color match. Still testing it for wear.
Yes, I’m still in love with Anarchy by Urban Decay. I want to wear it every day but I’ve been forcing myself to try other colors. Today though, I gave in and wore it. It’s my pink of pink. I figured it worked with a fairly neutral eye.
I think I’m getting better with Goss’s lash trick. I’m using my metal comb from Furless Cosmetics. This time I tried Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara and really liked the results. I did top it with Anastasia Lash Genius, because otherwise my brows would end up with mascara all over them (yuck!) because I have hooded eyes.
Have you tried Clawdeen? I think it’s a shade that would work on anyone. It’s so pretty!
What do you think of this look? Where would you wear it?