A while back I had the opportunity to try out the MyChelle Oil Free Grapefruit Cream. I used this as a night time moisturizer, after applying a serum.
MyChelle Dermaceuticals Oil Free Grapefruit Cream Review
About Mychelle Oil Free Grapefruit Cream
Lightweight hydration that nourishes breakout-prone skin without clogging pores. Nutrient-rich Sea Buckthorn promotes rapid healing of irritated skin. Naturally antibacterial Honey and Totarol™ help protect against blemishes as Salicylic Acid gently eliminates pore blockage. Antioxidant Rooibos calms irritation and promotes cell repair.
- Mix with the Clear Skin Serum to turbo-boost the oil control.
- Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Kernel Extract – Highly nutritive, rich in Vitamin A, E, P and K as well as B vitamins, infuses the skin with essential fatty acids and phytosterols, promotes healing and the reduction of acneic activity.
- Honey (Mel) – Prevents infectious material from spreading into healthy pores through antibacterial and antifungal actions, attracts dirt and deadened cellular debris to provide cleansing actions that maintain clear skin.
- Totarol™ – Provides preservative actions while acting as a gentle and non-irritating anti-bacterial ingredient in both gram positive and negative bacteria (propionibacterium acne is particularly sensitive to this extract), anti-viral, antioxidant, effectively reduces acne disturbances.
$31.25 for 1 fl. oz.
All MyChelle products are cruelty, gluten and casein free.
MyChelle.com, Amazon, Fragrance.net, Drugstore.com
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate (Coconut), Cetearyl Glucoside (Coconut), Alcohol Denatured (Grain), Glyceryl Stearate (Plant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut), Squalane (Olives), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Totarol, Honey (Mel), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, (Tocomin®), Tocopherol (D-alpha), Tocotrienols, Panthenol (D) (B5), Biotin (D) (B7), Pyridoxine HCL (B6), Niacinamide (B3), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder,Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Fructooligosaccharides (D Beta) (NutraFlora®), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Juniperous Communis (Juniper) Fruit Oil, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Phytic Acid (Plant), Potassium Sorbate
This moisturizer comes in a pump packaging, which I appreciate. I hate jars, so it’s nice that I don’t have to worry about getting moisturizer under my nails. It also keeps the product stable.
This moisturizer did not irritate my sensitive, rosacea skin. It’s got a nice texture, but it has a strange medicine-like smell. If you’ve got oily skin, this will probably give you the right amount of moisture without making you feel greasy. For my skin, which is combination (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks), It wasn’t moisturizing enough, so after using it for a few nights I had to mix in an additional moisturizer with this product so that I didn’t wake up with dry cheeks.
- Reasonably priced
- Cruelty free
- Gluten free
- Suitable for oily skin
- No jar packaging!
- Strange medicine-like smell, though that does fade
- Not suitable for combination or dry skin
Have you heard of MyChelle Dermaceuticals? Have you tried the Oil Free Grapefruit Cream?