Lime Crime Majestic Prelude Chroma Tutorial
You know I’m addicted to purple, so today I have a Lime Crime Majestic Prelude Chroma Tutorial to share with you. I recently bought 2 of the Lime Crime Lid-Lites – Majestic and Lily Pad – to give them a try. When trying to decide what to do with them, I reached for the Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Palette and create a purple eyeshadow look since I’ve done a lot of green looks back to back.
PR + Purchased by me.
About Lime Crime
I’ve been purchasing Lime Crime for about 2 years now. Lime Crime is a cruelty-free and 100% vegan beauty brand with Leaping Bunny certification. Lime Crime had a very rocky start and problematic past, but have since cleaned up their act. Read more about why I’ve chosen to give Lime Crime a chance.
Lime Crime Majestic Prelude Chroma Tutorial Video
Shop Your Makeup Stash to Recreate
I’m still practicing social distancing (need ideas for things to do while at home? I’ve got a ton here!) and I hope you are too if it’s possible! As such, I recommend shopping your makeup stash to recreate this look at home. Below are generic color descriptions.
- Cyprus – royal purple matte
- Majestic – metallic indigo shimmer
- Side Eye – warm taupe matte
- Rodeo Drive – champagne pearl
Lime Crime Purple Look
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Cozzette Essential Powder in C1 (v)
Lime Crime Cyprus (Prelude Chroma Palette) (v)
Lime Crime Majestic Lid-Lite (v)
Sugarpill Side Eye (C2 Capsule Collection Palette) (v)
*Ofra Rodeo Drive highlighter (v)
Ofra Verified Liquid Liner (v)
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
*Urban Decay Blackout Brow Blade (v)
Milani After Dark pencil (v)
Pixi Extra Bright Eye pencil
Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer (v)
*Clove + Hallow Liquid Skin Tint in 1 (v)
Danessa Myrick Prism FX Hydrating Lotion (v)
*Clove + Hallow Concealer in 1 (v)
Nudestix Sculpting Stick in 1 (v)
Nyx Sweet Cheeks in So Taupe (v)
Sugarpill Retrograde (C2 Capsule Collection Palette) blush (v)
*Ofra Bali blush topper (v)
*Ofra Rodeo Drive highlighter (v)
Ofra Glazed Donut highlighter (v)
Fenty Pro Filt’r Powder in Lavender
*Clove + Hallow Sangria Lip Velvet (v)
Ofra Highlighter Descriptions
- Glazed Donut – frosty white pearl
- Bali – multidimensional gold with peach shift
- Rodeo Drive – universally flattering champagne pearl
Coupon Codes & Links for You
I make a small commission off of some of the links below. Others are just deals for you!
- MY AMAZON FAVORITES
- ULTA has the best rewards / point system currently
- CLOVE + HALLOW code PHYRRA15 for 15% off
- KRISTEN LEIGH DUOCHROMES code PHYRRA15 for 15% off
- FABULOZ HAIR EXTENSIONS code PHYRRA
- ENSO RINGS Get 20% off with PHYRRA
- MAKEUP GEEK Get 10% off with PHYRRA
- MARSTE FASHION Get 10% off with PHYRRA
- MY PRETTY ZOMBIE – Get 15% off with myprettyphyrra
- OFRA COSMETICS – Get 20% off with PHYRRA
- SILK NATURALS – Get 5% off with phyrra18
- LUX DE VILLE Get $10 off when you 1st shop Lux De Ville through my link
- THE REAL REAL – Get $25 off your 1st purchase at The RealReal with my referral link
- TUBE BUDDY – Sign up & work less, create more, with Youtube!
About Lime Crime Majestic Prelude Chroma Look
I love the Lime Crime Venus eyeshadow formula. I have purchased the Venus III, Venus Immortalis, Venus XL 1, Venus XL 2, Prelude Chroma, Prelude Exposed and Venus Vivid, so I have a pretty good feel for their formula. I really like their mattes, and their deeper matte shades are the ones I often gravitate towards.
I rarely ‘warm up’ my complexion by taking the time to apply contour or bronze around the perimeter of my face. For today’s tutorial, I spent the extra time to do that and it turned out really nice.
Because I love Ofra’s highlighters, I used three different ones on my cheeks. I applied Bali at the top edge of my blush as a highlighting blush because it has a peach to gold shift, then I used the universally flattering (I rarely find things that claim to be universally flattering to work for my complexion) Rodeo Drive to highlight in a C shape. I used a tiny bit of Glazed Donut above the eyebrow and at the outer corner of the eye.
I can’t remember the last time I tinted my eyebrows, as I usually have them tinted black. They’re a really medium mousy brown shade that does nothing for me and right now they need to be dyed. I used Urban Decay’s Brow Blade in Blackout (soft black) to shape my brows. I love this new brow product from Urban Decay.
For once in my life, I tried a concealer that looked too pink and too dark for me and it turned out nice! The Clove + Hallow Liquid Skin Tint in 1 is a perfect match for my fair skin, so I gave the Concealer in 1 a try. Previously I’d used Concealer in 2, which was more yellow toned. I’m thrilled with my complexion today!
Lime Crime Lid-Lite Eyeshadow Review
As I mention in the video, I am really disappointed with how Lime Crime Majestic Lid-Lite creased on me! I applied eyeshadow primer and setting powder, then a Lime Crime eyeshadow, and then it creased on me in about 20 minutes. Lime Crime’s site says “Use fingertips for one-swipe intensity, high-pigment coverage that won’t fade, crease, or magically disappear on you.” Unfortunately for me, the shade Majestic did not live up to Lime Crime’s claims.
I do want you to know that I purchased two shades – Majestic and Lily Pad. Lily Pad arrived shattered from Ulta because they shipped it in a box and didn’t put tissue wrap or anything around it. I actually had another item from Ulta sent in a different box, also poorly packaged, that arrived shattered too. I contacted Ulta and they sent replacements, which miraculously arrived unscathed. I say miraculously because they sent them with minimal packaging again so I’m just lucky they didn’t break a second time. Why they think an air packet is sufficient for delicate makeup is beyond me.
I’ll be testing Lily Pad out tomorrow to see if I have better luck with that color. If you’ve tried the new Lime Crime Lid-Lite, has it creased on you?
More Lime Crime Features
- Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Teal Tutorial
- Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Rose Gold & Purple Tutorial
- Lime Crime Prelude Chroma Dark Purple Tutorial
- Lime Crime Venus Immortalis Tutorial
- Lime Crime Venus XL Palette
- Lime Crime Diamond Dew Glitter Eyeshadows
- Lime Crime Softwear Blushes
- Lime Crime Plushies Soft Focus Matte Lipsticks
- Lime Crime Venus III Palette