Today I’m happy to share with you my Orange is the New Black Flaca Makeup Tutorial. I chose Flaca (Marisol Flaca Gonzales, played by Jackie Cruz) because she’s quirky and a little gothy. She wears thick, dark liner with little tears at the corner of both eyes. She’s got a thick fringe of bangs, which I like. Flaca loves the Smiths, Depeche Mode and Morrisey, which is music I like too.
My makeup was inspired by her office look. I’m pretty sure that for that episode she used her black eyeliner to line her lips and followed up with red lipstick on top. Aside from her office look, I think she normally doesn’t appear to wear lipstick in the show. From reading an interview with Jackie Cruz, I know the actress never goes out without some lip color.
People speculate that she wears the tear drops because she lost someone or killed someone, etc. However, I’m going to go out on a limb and say she wears tear drops because she feels they’re gothy and they make her stand out. Alternatively, she read the comic Dawn, and liked Dawn’s tear drops, but wanted to do her on twist on things. Flaca seems to like to do things differently than everyone else.
If you like this video please give it a thumbs up, share and subscribe!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Walk of Shame (Naked Basics Palette) applied with Sugarpill Large Eyeshadow brush
- NARS Eye Paint in Black Valley – upper and lower lash line, tears, applied with Makeup Geek Bent Eyeliner brush, smudged with Makeup Geek Pencil brush
- tarte Onyx eyeliner – tears
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (vegan)
- Hard Candy Moon Glow – tear ducts
- OCC Colour Pencil in Tarred (vegan) – outer lips
- OCC Colour Pencil in Black Dahlia (vegan) – middle of lips
- OCC Colour Pencil in NSFW (vegan) – center of lips
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Ruby (vegan) – on top of it all
I’m wearing no foundation, thanks to my Mirvaso medication. I have to admit, I am REALLY enjoying not wearing foundation, though I should probably use concealer under my eyes. I’m trying to get comfortable in my own skin again. I’ve had Mirvaso last anywhere from 6 to 12 hours. Once it wears off, my face gets slightly flushed, but it’s not painful and it’s not worse than my rosacea usually is. I’m still using my metrogel cream in addition to Mirvaso.
Check out my friends who have also done Orange is the New Black inspired looks!