It’s time for another Beauty Top Tens! This time we’re talking about a Mother’s Day to Remember. I’m sharing my top ten picks for the best Mother’s Day Gifts. I’ve got cruelty free and vegan recommendations included.
When you’re trying to come up with a Mother’s Day to Remember for your mom, you need to think about all the little things a mom does over the course of a single day. While I don’t have children, I do have dogs, so I put their needs before mine. Mothers do this all the time!
1. Breakfast in Bed
Seriously, I love it when I’m made breakfast in bed. Waffles, fresh fruit, eggs and orange juice are a fantastic way to start a special day.
2. Google Nexus 7 32 GB Tablet
When you bring your mom breakfast in bed, surreptitiously slide her a Mother’s Day gift to remember, the Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2nd generation). It’s a 7 inch tablet that’s easy to hold in one hand. It’s perfect to toss into a handbag or even a jacket. Or she can read the news online or watch a video on Youtube, all from the comfort of her bed. The display on the Nexus 7 is pretty amazing and it has 1920 x 1200 resolution with 323 ppi. Yes, that’s better than the retina display. Yes, I’m geeking out and drooling over this thing. You need the 32gb storage because 6 gb is taken up with pre-loaded crap.
3. Josie Maran Model Citizen Kit
This is a great gift set from Josie Maran and 10% of the proceeds from this set are donated to the Imagine Initiative to promote women’s empowerment worldwide. The kit comes with 2.2 oz of the Argan Infinity Creamy Oily (full size), .55 Argan Color Stick in Pink (full size), .5 oz 100% Pure Agan Oil Light (mini size, vegan), and this cute Josie Maran Bag.
4. Sephora Favorites Meet Your Match Set
This set contains all cruelty free products. It comes with Deborah Lippman Girls Just want to Have Fun nail polish, tarte Lipsurgence in Elite, Formula X Invincible nail polish, Hourglass lipgloss in Child, Nails Inc Devonshire Row nail polish and Bite Beauty lipgloss in Strangefruit.
5. Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Subscription
I think it would be awesome to give your mom a Rainbow Honey Mystery Bag Subscription. You can choose the mini or full size and you can do it for as many months as you like. I’m in love with my subscription to Rainbow Honey. (vegan)
7. Illamasqua Velvet Blushers
Illamasqua released 4 new blushes in a cream to powder finish. Sleek (dusky coral), Flirtatious (soft pink), Peaked (dusky rose), and Conviction (bold pink) are the colors.
8. Silk Naturals Happy Hour Eyeshadows
With shades like Brandy (warm peach matte), Margarita (lime green shimmer), Sidecar (light purple shimmer) and Stinger (bright purple shimmer), you can’t go wrong. See my review and additional complimentary shade recommendations here. (vegan)
9. bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Stars
Moms always love multi-tasking products! This kit from bareMinerals comes with Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara, .07 Natural Light Mineral Veil Finishing Powder, .12 oz Spring2Triple Take Color Gloss and Stain in Coral Pink, 5-in-1 Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Candlelight Peach, and Ready Bronzer & Cheek Tint Duo
10. Personalized At-Home Spa Day Gift Basket
If you have the time, you could create an at-home spay day gift basket filled with goodies. I’d recommend the following:
- Phyrra’s Pretty Little Elixir Vegan Hair Masque (pampering your locks is a necessity, vegan)
- My Beauty Bunny AHA Exfoliating & Brightening Moisturizer (brighter, more radiant skin is always nice, vegan)
- A Girl’s Gotta Spa Energizing Citrus Body Lotion (94% natural, vegan)
- Pretty & Polished Bath Bombs (what mom doesn’t deserve a hot soak in a relaxing tub with bath bombs to soften the skin?)
- Pretty & Polished Bubble Bars (I can’t help it, I love bubbles)
- DermOrganic Spray Therapy (the best thing to use to blow dry your hair)