This past Saturday we had an intimate Beauty Blogger meetup with Brittany (Clumps of Mascara), Nidia (Beauty Lit from Within), Su (Nail Veils) and Cat (Beauty by Cat) at Spa Touch LLC (Facebook, Instagram). We discussed social media and the changes with Facebook, makeup products like setting powders, and Nidia and I were treated to IBX nail treatments and a mani.
IBX is a New & Revolutionary two-part system that acts as a Protective Shield for the natural nail under any Gel Polish Coating and can also be used as a Natural Nail Strengthening System to grow natural nails more readily on their own! IBX is the first system of it’s kind…this penetrative toughening system works inside the nail (instead of top), is cured with LED light and forms an interpenetrating polymer network that fuses the upper layers of the nail together. The result is a tougher natural nail that can grow on it’s own or act to protect the nail against frequent and potentially damaging removal.
The reason I was so keen on trying IBX is that my nails are thin and weak. They’ve been getting better since I’ve been taking biotin (and if I’d stop picking at my nail polish they’d be in even better shape), but IBX sounded exactly like the sort of perfect treatment for my nails. It really penetrates into the nails to strengthen them. I’m trying to find a salon by me that does this treatment. Unfortunately my favorite salon does not.
One of the main selling points about IBX to me is that you don’t have to go in and get your nails filled, like with acrylics or gels, because it’s not sitting on top of your nails.
This is after the IBX treatment.
Karen, the owner of Spa Touch LLC, did our IBX treatment and my mani. She used Zoya Wednesday for my color. Then she applied glue and 3 different types of glitter. First, she used a white iridescent glitter on all of my nails except my accent nail. Then she used silver holographic glitter on my accent nail. Finally, she finished with light green iridescent glitter.
Yes, I love the pretty sparkly glitter.
Look at that holographic sparkle!
I did a very simple makeup look to test out the wear time on Paula’s Choice and Eight Bit Cosmetics eyeshadows. My eyeshadows lasted from 8:30 am until 11pm. Same with the rest of my makeup. It lasted until I washed it off, which made me very happy.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Paula’s Choice Cream (Nude Mattes) – browbone and crease
- Paula’s Choice Beige (Nude Mattes) – lower browbone and crease
- Paula’s Choice Tan (Nude Mattes) – crease
- MAC Nebula (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free) – lower crease and outer corner of lid
- MAC Naked (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free) – lid
- MAC Fairy Lite (purchased when MAC was still cruelty free) – highlight under brows and at inner corner of eye
- Eight Bit Apocalyptic – lower lid
- NARS Black Valley – waterline
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Tarte Rich Brown Brow Pencil
- Tarte Colored Clay CC Primer in Fair
- Illamasqua Powder blush in Thrust
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder
- Bodyography Electric Lip Slide in Cheeky Baby
- Zoya Wednesday
It was great to see the Central Florida Beauty Bloggers and talk about makeup, social media and nails. I’m very excited by IBX and what it means for me and my nails. And yes, I’m still in love with my perfect mani from Karen at Spa Touch LLC. Not a single sign of wear and tear!
What did you do Saturday? What are you wearing on your nails right now?