I recently purchased the Kat Von D Spellbinding Eyeshadow Book and I’m testing it out. This look is simply Kat Von D Birdcage Tutorial. I used 3 colors from the palette – Countess (which is very powdery / soft), Birdcage and Gunner. I wore this look out Saturday Night when I went to my Sushi class.
How to Achieve the Look
1. Apply a base of Kat Von D Countess to the browbone and upper crease. Pat Kat Von D Birdcage onto the lid and inner lower lash line, and blend it upwards into the crease.
2. Apply Kat Von D Gunner into the outer crease, blending inwards. Line the outer uppr and outer lower lash line with Gunner.
3. Line the waterline with Buxom Call Me. Highlight at the inner corner and under the brows with MAC Vellum. Add mascara.
This is really super simple and easy. I used a smudge brush to apply the darker green, Gunner, along the outer upper and lower lash line. I used a pencil brush to apply Gunner in the outer crease and then blended it out. I used a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to clean up the edge of the shadow line in the outer crease.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Kat Von D Countess – browbone and upper crease
- Kat Von D Birdcage – lid, crease, inner lower lash line
- Kat Von D Gunner – outer crease, outer upper and lower lash line
- MAC Vellum – under eyebrows and at inner corner of eyes
- Buxom Call Me liner – waterline
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Inglot Gel Liner in Teal
- Cover FX CC Cream in N Light – t-zone & under eyes
- Illamasqua Skin Base Lift in White Light – under eyes
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder – t-zone and under eyes
- Kat Von D Wish – blush
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Strumpet Lip Tar Pencil
While I like the color of Countess, it kicks up a lot of powder when you run your brush across it, which means you may end up with wasted product. I didn’t have the same issue with Birdcage or Gunner. I’ll be reviewing this palette soon, in case you’re interested. Overall I’m impressed with it right now, but I’ve only played with a few shades.
What makeup did you wear this weekend? Any fun color combinations?