A while back I had the opportunity to try out the Bioelements Sensitive Skin Cleanser. It’s a unique cleanser that is water activated! I had never tried a cleanser like this before. Let’s take a look!
$45 for 4 fl. oz.
Animal Testing Policy
We are all animal lovers at Bioelements. Animal testing is not, nor has it ever been, part of Bioelements’ product development, ingredient formulation or production.
About Bioelements Sensitive Skin Cleanser
An extra gentle sensitive skin cleanser with complexion-calming oils to melt away makeup, pollutants and excess sebum without any irritating side effects. Does not contain chemical preservatives, artificial colorants, synthetic fragrances or animal by-products. A touch of water is all it takes to transform the olive oil in this sensitive skin cleanser into a foam that easily rinses away, leaving sensitive skin soft, comfortable and sparkly clean. Helps balance skin’s protective barrier layer.
- A gentle sensitive skin cleanser without irritating side effects
- Olive oil cleanser lifts away impurities, calms and soothes
- Protects sensitive skin from moisture loss and visible irritation
- Dermatologist and clinically tested to be non-irritating
- NO artificial colorants, synthetic fragrance, parabens, DEA, phthalates or harsh irritants
- Used twice a day will last over 2.5 months!
- Key Ingredients – Olive, Safflower, Hazelnut, Jojoba, Lavender, Kissi Seed and Rosemary Oils – Softening, soothing
- Olive Oil is loaded with polyphenols which are natural antioxidants that can help heal and soothe skin, even after too much sun exposure.
Olea Europaea (olive oil), Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) Oil, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Corylus Avellana (hazelnut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Oil, Lavandula (lavender) Angustifolia Oil, Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Seed) Oil, Rosemarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol
I was surprised by this cleanser! I know that there’s a misconception that oils will clog pores, but the oils in this cleanser are extremely soothing and have not caused me to break out. They don’t strip the skin, they really do make my skin feel soft. I’ve never quite experienced a cleansing oil that was water activated, so that was cool too. It does a good job at removing makeup gently on the face, though I did not use it in the eye area. I used it to remove my long wearing lip colors and it was able to get them off.
Considering that I have rosacea, I’m always nervous about trying new skincare products. This one is nice and non-irritating. However, I do think that it’s overpriced for what it is. $45 for 4 oz is expensive to me for a cleanser. While I wouldn’t purchase it because of the price, if that doesn’t deter you and you like oil-based cleansers, you should check this one out. If the price deters you, you could always try extra virgin olive oil. I do think olive oil can be good for the skin.
Have you heard of Bioelements? What do you think of oil cleansers? Have you tried a foaming oil before?