I have a reader request for you today! It’s a Mardi Gras eyeshadow tutorial with Virus Insanity (VIE). Mardi Gras, also known as Carnival or Fat Tuesday, is basically a night for great sin before giving up vices for Ash Wednesday and Lent. I chose to use the colors of purple, green and gold to represent the holiday.
How to Achieve the Look
- 1. Apply Urban Decay Walk of Shame to the browbone with a fluffy brush. Dab Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy onto the lid and then brush Virus Insanity XTC on top of it.
- 2. Blend Virus Insanity Unicorn Puke into the crease.
- 3. Blend out the edges of Virus Insanity Clawdeen on the upper crease. Smudge Clawdeen along the lower lid and at the outer corner.
- 4. Line the upper lash line with Jesse’s Girl Liquid Eyeliner and the lower waterline with Anastasia Noir pencil.
- 5. From the middle of the lid, line outwards above the black liner with Urban Decay El Dorado liquid liner.
- 6. Highlight at the inner corner and under the brows with Spell Halo.
- 7. Add mascara.
Jesse’s Girl Primer
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy – lid
Urban Decay Walk of Shame – browbone
Virus Insanity XTC – lid
Virus Insanity Unicorn Puke – crease
Virus Insanity Clawdeen – to blend out the upper crease and lower lid
Spell Halo – to highlight
Jesse’s Girl Liquid Liner – upper lash line
Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in El Dorado – outer upper lash line
Anastasia Noir pencil – lower waterline
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
Pop Beauty Peak Performance Mascara
Vanity Mark Gingerella pencil – brows
Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer
Urban Decay Air-Buffed BB Creme in Snow Glow
bareMinerals the Natural High – blush
Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo – highlight
Graftobian HD finishing powder
Urban Decay High Gloss pencil in Glinda
Venomous Cosmetics lip poison in Venom
I would have added a bright gold lipstick for this look, but I was running out the door to meet some friends, so I toned it down with Glinda and Venom. Still has some gold and looks fabulous, but is very understated.
Now, let me rave about the eyeshadow. This was my first time wearing Virus Insanity eyeshadows and they’re fantastic. They lasted all day, had great texture and were easy to blend. I love the colors!
I hope you love my Mardi Gras tutorial as much as I loved putting it together. If you have a request, send me an email!
Some products purchased by me. Some products sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.