Recently I picked up the tarte Cosmetics Call Of The Wild Amazonian Clay 8-Shadow Collector’s Palette from Sephora. As I really love the tarte LipSurgence and tarte blushes, I thought I would love this palette, too!
The Website Claims
A fearless and sophisticated eye shadow palette featuring nature’s most perfect ingredient: Amazonian clay. Each Amazonian clay eye shadow delivers the perfect amount of creamy matte perfection or subtle shimmer while Amazonian clay works to nourish lids, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture for easy application and better, longer, truer wear. Everything you need to create a complete eye look that is sleek, sexy, wild, or mild is inside including a full-size mirror for flawless application.
- 6 x 0.09 oz Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow in Meow, Jungle, Instinct, Wild, Primal, Roar
- 2 x 0.1 oz Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow in Call, Lynx
- Amazonian Clay: Nature’s most perfect ingredient providing total skin balance.
- Vitamin E: A natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage.
- Mineral Pigments: Colors and dyes derived from natural minerals have been known to soothe and soften the skin.
All shades are swatched on my bare skin with no primer.
metallic gold with bronze undertones
light peachy-beige with a satiny finish
deep grey matte
shimmery chocolate brown with hints of gold
shimmery burgundy brown
matte taupe grey
blackened navy matte
I expected to love the tarte Call of the Wild palette, since I love so many of my other tarte products. I found the eyeshadow payoff in Call and Jungle to be poor. While I loved Meow, I was disappointed in Wild as it pulls so very brown. I did like that there were matte shades in the palette, as I enjoy mixing textures with eyeshadows, but I had a hard time getting Roar and Lynx to apply evenly, though Primal was fine.
I don’t know if I got a dud, or if I just had higher expectations than warranted for this palette, but I’m very disappointed.
Beczause of the poor color payoff and overall disappointment with this palette I’ll be returning this to Sephora, and I do not recommend it. That’s why it only got 1 star.
Product purchased by me. All opinions are my own.