Today I wanted to share Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Harlot with you. Harlot is described as a vibrant red-coral, though some call it a neon popsicle red.
With my current hair color, I feel like OCC Harlot is my perfect red. It brightens my face and packs quite a vivid punch.
The Website Claims:
A high-opacity lipstick concentrate with uprecedented longevity. Flash a fabulous smile and a stunning splash of color with this lip formula that combines the longevity of a lipstick with the breezy application of a gloss. The rich pigment will drench your pout and the blend of essential oils, including hemp and peppermint, will soothe and soften the skin for a supremely comfortable finish. For easy travel and application, each Lip Tar comes with a vinyl carrying case and mini lip brush.
- This straight-forward formula does not contain petroleum or silicone.
- 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate | May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.
- Hemp Oil: Rich in omega and gamma-lineolic essential fatty acids; extraordinarily moisturizing.
- Peppermint Oil: A natural antibacterial and antimicrobial agent that allows OCC to create a product free of parabens and other synthetic preservatives.
- Tocopherol Acetate: Rich in antioxidants; highly moisturizing.
$16 for .33 oz and mini lip brush.
How to Apply
After much trial and error, here are my tips for applying lip tars.
- Start by exfoliating your lips prior to application.
- Moisturize your lips after you exfoliate. Let it sink in, then blot off any excess moisturizer.
- Apply OCC Lip Tar in Clear as a base, or use a clear lip liner or a matching lip liner.
- With a lip brush, take the tiniest amount you can imagine on the lip brush (like the size of the a pin head) and use that to paint the thinnest layer of color possible on your lips. If you get more product than you anticipated, start at the center inner part of your lips and work your way out.
- Blot if necessary.
While I do find that it took me a while to get used to how to apply lip tars, now that I know how, I really love using them.
Would I repurchase?
Absolutely! I love this color! I’ve been wearing it a ton. What do you think about Harlot?
Product purchased by me. All opinions are my own.