It’s time for another Makeup Wars! This time we’re touching on Holiday Metallics. I’m all about Gold! I do love the occasional Silver and Copper, but mostly I want to see GOLD GOLD GOLD. From my tips to my lips! I’ve got polish, eyeshadow, lip products, and more to help you get in the festive mood.
First I have some gorgeous metallic polishes to show you. It’s mostly golds, with 1 silver (Fairy Cake) thrown in.
1. Essie As Gold as it Gets – this is a golden topcoat, but it doesn’t hold a candle to Studded Holiday Surprise
2. Venique Studded Holiday Surprise – this is another golden topcoat and it’s really amazing on the nail
3. Orly Prisma Gloss Gold – holographic golden top coat
4. Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain, Dear – pale golden polish with golden holographic glitter
5. butter LONDON The Full Monty – molten metallic gold
6. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Cruising – heavy metal gold, opaque, demi-matte
7. NARS Desperado – deep, rich, yellow gold with a bronzey-gold base
8. OPI Goldeneye – yellow gold glitter in a clear base
9. butter LONDON Fairy Cake – silvery, multi-colour iridescent glitter suspended in a light grey base
I especially love NARS Desperado, Venique Studded Holiday Surprise, butter LONDON Fairy Cake, butter LONDON the Fully Monty, and Orly Prisma Gloss Gold.
I’ve got golds, golds and more golds. Some are bronzey, some are pale. There are a few coppery shades thrown in and one silver for good measure.
1. Bare Minerals Connoisser – golden copper
2. Meow Siesta Key – olive infused with copper metallic iridescence
3. Meow Santa Honey – metallic golden umber/bronze
4. Meow Aurora Australis – ultra sheer multi color iridescent glitter with sheer gold sheen
5. Geek Chic Antequarian – an awesome glowing copper with gold iridescence and sparkle
6. BftE Dragonslayer – gorgeous gold with hints of copper
7. Sugarpill Goldilux – brilliant, highly-reflective metallic gold with breathtaking shine
8. Fyrinnae Book of the Dead – a slightly aged gleaming, sparkling beige-gold, fit for Osiris himself, graced with flashes of sparkle in varying hues
9. Urban Decay Half-Baked (old formula) – golden bronze
10. Evil Shades Filigree – shimmering bronze with delicate multi-color shimmer
11. Silk Naturals Scout – a deep shimmering copper with hints of gold
12. Inglot AMC Shine 7 – light gold with slightly copper iridescence
13. Anastasia On Set (gold side) – gold shimmer
14. Milani Gold Dust – antique gold
15. Meow Aurora Borealis – ultra sheer multi color iridescent glitter with sheer silver sheen
I think I lean towards the bronzey / coppery shades because they intensify the blue in my eye color.
1. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Super NSFW lip tar – red with golden shimmer
2. Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy lipstick – sheer beige gold shimmer
3. Venomous Cosmetics Venom gloss – golden gloss with slight green iridescence
4. Morgana Cryptoria Goldspun lipstick – metallic gold with a hint of bronzey-copper
5. Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo Gold Side highlighter – white gold
6. tokidoki royal pride bronzer – light golden suntan
7. eyeko Fat Eye Stick Gold – golden
8. UD 24/7 liquid el Dorado liquid eyeliner – yellow gold with gold sparkle
9. Urban Decay 24/7 Baked pencil eyeliner – frosted coppery bronze
10. Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo Pink Side highlighter – pink gold
11. Zana Tropical Forest blush – golden tan
I’m in lust with Super NSFW. Midnight Cowboy lipstick has been a staple of mine all year.
1. Sugarpill Tiara – brilliant, highly-reflective metallic silver with maximum shock value shine
2. NARS Bombshell – powerful platinum
3. Hard Candy Vamp – light satiny silver
4. Nyx Silver Pearl – sparkly silver
I realized that I needed to add a few more silvers (how else can you have Silver Bells?), so I added in a few.
What are your favorite holiday metallics? Any must have lipsticks, eyeshadows or polish?
Check out the rest of the choices for the Makeup Wars!
Some products purchased by me. Some products sent for consideration. All opinions are my own. I believe all brands mentioned are cruelty-free.