When looking for an Exotic Bird to be inspired by for Jacqueline’s Makeup Mondays, I ran across this quetzal bird on Pinterest. These birds are so cute and vibrant. They have feathers of bright green, turquoise and red.
Here I’m wearing my lovely ring from Cristina of Let Them Have Polish.
How to achieve the Quetzalcoatl Bird Look:
- Prep the eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- With a damp brush, apply Urban Decay Kush to the crease and browbone in a sort of sunray design.
- With a fluffy circular brush apply Kryolan Jade in between the rays of Kush, blending it downwards into th green of the crease.
- Apply Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy to the lid and inner v.
- Apply OCC Jubilee to the inner 2/3 of the lid and the inner v.
- Apply Sugarpill Magpie to the outer 1/3 of the lid.
- Apply Sugarpill Darling to the seam of Magpie and Jubilee.
- Apply Barry M Dazzle Dust 98 Petrol blue to the lower lash line. You could use Magpie instead.
- With a damp brush, draw a line with Barry M Dazzle Dust 102 Burgundy Noir, extending it out.
- With a round fluffy brush, blend Darling into the crease & use MUFE Aqua Liner 11 Diamond Burgundy along the upper lash line.
- Highlight under the eyebrows and at the inner corner with Kryolan Glamour Sparks Blue.
- Apply mascara.
- Apply Urban Decay 24/7 Electric liner on the lower waterline, followed by Urban Decay 24/7 Flipside liner on top of it.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Kush – crease and browbone
- Kryolan SP662 Jade Green Satin Powder – browbone, blended into crease
- Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy – lid and inner v
- OCC Jubilee – inner 2/3 of lid and inner v
- Sugarpill Magpie – outer 1/3 of lid
- Sugarpill Darling – at the seam where Magpie & Jubilee meet, in the crease
- Barry M Dazzle Dust 98 Petrol Blue – lower lash line
- Barry M Dazzle Dust 102 Burgundy Noir – lower liner
- Kryolan Glamour Sparks Blue – highlight under the eyebrows and at the inner corner
- MUFE Aqua Liner in 11 Diamond Burgundy – upper lash line
- Urban Decay 24/7 Electric liner – lower waterline
- Urban Decay 24/7 Flipside liner – lower waterline on top of Electric
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
- Lashcontrol volumizing mascara
- Holika Holika Essential Petit BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ in Light Beige
- Matisse Elite Nudity – blush
- Too Faced Candlelight Duo – highlight
- OCC Lip Tar in NSFW
- Barry M Dazzle Dust in 102 Burgundy Noir – to blacken the edges
I decided that blackened red lips would work to help represent the red feathers. I love being inspired by nature! This was such a fun challenge.
What do you think of the look?