Thursday I tried a look with the Anastasia She Wears it Well palette. The look was called Cut a Rug and it was described as a classic cut crease. I had no idea that the cut crease was a classic and I must admit that I half thought that the cut crease had originated from Queen of Blending (she’s so awesome at them!).
I don’t feel this look turned out well. I tried downblending in the crease way too much.
How to Achieve the look:
- Prep the eye area with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- Apply a wash of Anastasia Almond from lashline to eyebrows.
- Apply Anastasia Toffee to the crease. Do not overblend the way I did.
- Apply Almond to the inner v and inner lower lash line.
- Apply Toffee to the lower lash line and wing it out.
- Apply a touch of Toffee to the outer 1/4 of the lash line and some mascara and you’re done.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Anastasia Almond – from lash line to crease, inner v and inner lower lash line
- Anastasia Toffee – crease, lower lash line, outer 1/4 of outer upper lash line
- Nyx Pin-up Curl Mascara
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
- Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation in .5
- Mirabella powder foundation in 1N
- Geek Chic joystick in Chrysalis
You can see in the shots with my eye closed more of the actual cut. I just kept thinking I hadn’t blended enough, and then I thought I’d blended too much.
What do you think of the classic cut crease?